Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car is back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
well i got the car back...looks awesome! Need to change points, adjust dwell, adjust timing(by myself....so that really goign to be difficult)...anybody have a good dizzy (for a 2.0) and/or maybe a compufire/pertronix?
scotty914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

my second one ever, through another set of points in it, set you dwell tune it and go drive it, worry about another dizzy later
bd1308
before
bd1308
after
bd1308
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Feb 28 2005, 03:07 PM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

my second one ever, through another set of points in it, set you dwell tune it and go drive it, worry about another dizzy later

i actually went and bought my FLAPS's stock of points (2) and John gave me a new tube of BOSCH grease, so i should be set to go
scotty914
take a pic of the front inside of the trunk
bd1308
inside trunk...sorta (i was too excited to get good pictures)...dunno why it looks orange though..... :shrugs: i like the riveras much better though.
Allan
Oh great, the meter latches are upside down and the floor brace upper contour is reversed. wink.gif Looks great and damn it was fast.
bd1308
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 28 2005, 03:16 PM)
Oh great, the meter latches are upside down and the floor brace upper contour is reversed. wink.gif Looks great and damn it was fast.

what are you talking about?
scotty914
was this a clip replacement, it looks like it was. i am saying this because of the dents in the wheel wells, but it looks good.

and you know use 914ers, we pick any pic apart
bd1308
yeah i got it from a junk car in a local junkyard.....worked well though..very very well. my ()*&(*^ dwell keeps on moving on me. Car popped and pinged all the way to Bowling Green yesterday. sad.gif
Twystd1
Does the dwell keep changing or do you mean the timing keeps changing...

If it's dwell. Ya could have loose points, or a smoked dizzy top or bottom shaft bearing or the points plate is moving around off axis...

Anyway.. Dats what I thunk....

Twystd1 ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
TravisNeff
Good to see that you got it all fixed up, looks sharp!
TravisNeff
As your points wear, the dwell constantly changes. Which in turn changes your timing. that is why you set your dwell first, then timing
bd1308
right, well how often do you change points....seems like i'm doing it every time i get my oil changed. i adjust them weekly, just about. This time I adjusted it when i got the car (saturday)and its off right now(monday)
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 28 2005, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 28 2005, 03:16 PM)
Oh great, the meter latches are upside down and the floor brace upper contour is reversed. wink.gif   Looks great and damn it was fast.

what are you talking about?

Just messing with ya. Looks really good. Get it tweeked and drive. biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
Seems like I am futzing with mine quite a bit too. I think at 3 or 6k intervals is the specified maintenance points. If you are goofing around with it that much, switch to an electronic gizmo and dump the points. Your dwell will not change and your timing should stay on the mark for a long, long time.

If you have a worn distributor points cam, I think the optical (crane)replacement alleviates that.

my dwell meter dropped on the floor and no worky no mo', I guess that is a good enough excuse to go electronic rather than buying another meter.
scotty914
i have never checked or adjusted my points... where do i hook up the dwell meter
bd1308
HAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY....not. dry.gif i think one goes on your finger, the other goes on the coil pack and you stick your tongue on the 12V+
kafermeister
Looks good Britt. That didn't take long. What....2 weeks or so?

clap.gif

Rick
scotty b
biggrin.gif Glad to see the tail is gone! Did you burn it ceremoniously? Wheels look good too.
MattR
what are points?

http://www.pertronix.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.