Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marktini
Checking in from Chicago. I just picked up a 75 2.0 yesterday, solid body and good runner. I plan on slowly upgrading and/or replacing whatever needs attention. I'm looking forward to the collective knowledge here at 914 world. The other cars currently in my garage are a 2006 CaymanS and a 2011 BMW 1M. Cheers, Mark.Click to view attachment
wndsnd
welcome.png

Looks like a nice car. Congratulations. There are many many knowledgeable people here that will help you through your questions.

tweet
NICE!!!!

welcome.png

biggrin.gif
sb914
welcome.png looks clean, I like the plaid seats.
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Looks like a rare FULLY optioned 75 car. Liking the yellow tartan cloth. biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Larmo63
welcome.png

I love the plaid seats too….!!!!

Tell us more about the car, options, etc...
Cairo94507
welcome.png Great find. Love the color and interior. Take your time and don't jump in before you have assessed the entire car. Tons of great threads here on cars which have been bought and returned to terrific condition.
PanelBilly
Youre welcome
Socalandy
welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png
mgp4591
Welcome- the more the merrier! aktion035.gif
whitetwinturbo
.............LOOKS AMAZING .... WHERE WAS THIS CAR HIDING? THE RUST BELT DID NOT EAT IT? bye1.gif
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif

I like the yellow tartan aktion035.gif
Geezer914
Nice find for Chicago! The journey has just begun. Pelican Parts has some good tech articles also. Purchase the 914 Tech Tips book from Automobile Atlanta, and a Hanes repair manual. Any other questions, there is a wealth of knowledge here, just ask. welcome.png
porschetub
QUOTE(Marktini @ Aug 4 2015, 12:39 PM) *

Checking in from Chicago. I just picked up a 75 2.0 yesterday, solid body and good runner. I plan on slowly upgrading and/or replacing whatever needs attention. I'm looking forward to the collective knowledge here at 914 world. The other cars currently in my garage are a 2006 CaymanS and a 2011 BMW 1M. Cheers, Mark.Click to view attachment

Great car and welcome.png ,I'am a newbie on here but can only say the help and assistance so far has been 110%....its a good place to be for sure.
Spoke
welcome.png
GaroldShaffer
welcome.png

If you are available Saturday Aug 15th please come over to Indiana for our Annual 914 BBQ you can read more by clicking on this link ----->914 BBQ LINK You get to meet some of Chicagoland locals (and some not so local) Bring a chair.
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Best 914 site in the world. shades.gif
jfort
WARNING! 914's are addictive.
Drums66
.......WELCOME.......
bye1.gif
abnrdo
welcome.png

Cheers from Kansas City! Nice car!
Briby37
Welcome to Club Tartan. Great looking car!
Marktini
Thanks for the warm welcome!! Car is a 2.0 bone stock, cosmetically it's about a 7 paint is good except for a few deep scrapes which have been touched up to protect the paint, the sheet metal is all straight and solid, seats are worn and will be re-upholstered in the same tartan, glass is good, interior is stock, has the appearance group gauge cluster and the original blaupunkt am/fm tape player the previous owner even included some old cassettes! Body is clean, no rust, front and rear trunks are solid. Original engine w/fuel injection. Chrome fuchs, not sure if they were a dealer option or if a previous owner put them on. My initial plan is to replace all of the rubber, belts, hoses etc. I'm going to let the newness sink in a bit before I decide to restore back to original, or update with some go fast parts, big bore kit and new suspension, wheels, tires. My first decision will be suspension work, I'm not sure if I'll be switching to a coil-over set-up or just replacing what's old/worn with OEM or similar when possible. Looking forward too the journey!
turk22
welcome.png

We need more pictures! we are visual learners!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.