Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floppy charcoal canister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
my battery tray rusted away many po's ago, so i have no place to mount my charcoal canister(or my ecu, but nevermind that). why not run the vapor line from the tank straight to my intake, no charcoal canister at all? is the amount of vapor comming from the line enough to cause my engine to run funny. oh, wait, it already does run funny! ohmy.gif funnier maybe? or will the vacuum from the intake suck some of the gas out of my tank or something without the canister to slow it down? i'm probably just gonna try it, but i would like some ideas/opinions, please. biggrin.gif
scotty914
the idea of the canister is to hold the fumes when the car is not running. many people including my self dont have it installed, all that happens is on hot days the car can smell like gas, and you are letting gas fumes out to destroy the world. but i would bet that almost every canister with the newest being 29 years old dont do anythig any more. and are just like running the vapor line to the air filter to suck out the fumes from the tank when the car is running anyway
mattillac
with that said, i have one of these for my charcoal canister alfred.gif
mattillac
BTW, i have a charcoal canister for sale. anybody? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.