Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best way to get my seats out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rupert14
I am trying to get my seats out of my 72. I remember it was really easy in my 75 but I can't seem to get them to slide out. Do I need to remove some bolts or something? I thought I just used a screwdriver to get them out before but I can't get the slider adjustment to release. A link to a previous thread would do but I looked through four pages of search with out success.
Bob
JoeSharp
Yeah! 4 bolts. but when trying to remove them, sometimes they give me a hard time. Just hit the elevation adjustment and they come right out. 10mm scocket and rachet. Same thing putting them back, make sure the teeth on the elevation adjustment are engaged.
biggrin.gif Joe
Dave_Darling
Naah. Just use the loop handle (if it hasn't broken off, LOL!) to slide the seat all the way forward. Then reach under the other seat track (use gloves, it is usually really filthy there!) and push up on the tab inside the track. Slide the seat the rest of the way off the rails.

Easier than trying to unbolt everything, IMHO.

--DD
Trekkor
Nice one, Dave.

I just learned something here again clap.gif

KT
wilchek
Rupert your car looks like mine and we are all but neighbors. Let me know if you need any help. Welcome to the club
Jeffs9146
I slide a screw driver inbetween the seat track and it pushes up the retainer pin so the seat can slide off!!

Jeff
rupert14
I knew there was an easy way. Thanks, I am out to take my interior out, put in new carpet, 911 dash, new(used) seats, etc. I will post pics as I go.

Bob
JmuRiz
Great looking Ravennas guys? You all have to come to the East Coast meeting at Kerry's in PA this year. He has a Ravenna and so do I. It was a blast at his old place in Richmond.
Just use the loop handle (if it hasn't broken off, LOL!)

Not to hijack this thread, but someone should make a replacement part for this. Made of real steel or strong alumn that can bolt on where the stock one was rivited. The aftermarket plastic ones seem too cheap and prone to breaking for me to buy!
SLITS
I bought two of the plastic ones and they haven't broken

Of course, I never installed them....just use the big finger to lift the rail....ain't that bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.