Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dcheek
The Central Jersey VW Society is having its 11th annual "All Air Cooled Gathering" in Flanders NJ on Sunday September 19 and 20, 2015. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners, along with any model air cooled Porsche to show their pride and joy. Last year we had over 300 air cooled cars (mostly VW's with the exception of a total of 17, 914's, 911's and 356's). The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap in the 30's style clubhouse. This is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money along with a DJ for music entertainment. Also this year "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. For those that don't know, he is California's popular VW personality. This is truly a family event with activities and contests for kids and adults alike.

Judging is very low key with an emphasis on allowing every car on the field no matter what level of preparation. So, don't worry if your undercarrage is dirty (sorry CW's). We want this event to be fun for the whole family and consider it perfect for those who are looking for a nice day out with German beer and food and to help out with a good cause.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com
MMW
Last year I think the final est. was 380 cars. In my opinion it's the best show on the east coast. This show is open to any air-cooled car, van, etc. You get to see some really cool stuff. Even though it is mostly VW it is so laid back & enjoyable. No snobbery at all. Saturday party & camping - yes. Sunday 325-375 air coolers - yes. Good food & beer - yes. Live music - yes. Swappers - yes. Vendors - yes. Anything else? I'm local (10-15 min.) so if anyone has mechanical issues I have a place & tools.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

dcheek
I forgot to mention that every year we feature a specific model air cooled VW model. This year it's the Volkswagen Thing. Special awards will be given to all attendees bringing there "Thing" to the 2015 All Air Cooled Gathering.

Dave
Big Len
Favorite show of the year too.

Click to view attachment
dcheek
Bimp icon_bump.gif
rgolia
I plan on going.
dcheek
We need at least six 914's to attend to be able to split the 914 class. Those that plan to attend, please chime in.

Dave
rgalla9146
I'm in, 1970 914 - 6
Can I bring my Vanagon Westy too ?
rmital
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 25 2015, 07:41 AM) *

I'm in, 1970 914 - 6

sure....I'll drive the "6", you drive the Westy.
MMW
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 25 2015, 07:41 AM) *

I'm in, 1970 914 - 6

As long as it is air-cooled it is welcome to display. So pre 83' Vanagons are welcome.

Also note that any air-cooler is welcome. We always get some very nice Corvairs, kit cars, & some odd ball stuff.

Click to view attachment

Big Len
Attending but not entering show......Dave, check your World inbox. Sent you pm.
dcheek
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 25 2015, 03:41 AM) *

I'm in, 1970 914 - 6

You can bring any car that's Air Cooled.

FYI - One year a Corvair Camper won Best in Show. This is proof that we appreciate every Air Cooled vehicle.

Dave
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 25 2015, 06:48 AM) *

Attending but not entering show......Dave, check your World inbox. Sent you pm.

Len,

This is good news for other entrants. For those that don't know, Len has won several times with his pristine 914.

What's up Len? Why aren't you showing?

Dave
dcheek
A little over 2 weeks away.
Just a couple of 914's confirming.
Anyone else planning on attending?
Please chime in.

Dave
MMW
Bump.....Anyone else?
Big Len
Dave - If you need another entry to fill the field and enlarge the class, I'll enter. After entering 2 PCA concours and a couple of others including Hershey, we're pooped out. But this event is so much fun, it's worth it.
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 2 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Dave - If you need another entry to fill the field and enlarge the class, I'll enter. After entering 2 PCA concours and a couple of others including Hershey, we're pooped out. But this event is so much fun, it's worth it.

Thanks Len. Your car (and you) are always welcome.

Dave
dcheek
Casey our new CJVWS president, and I visited the show grounds yesterday and discussed several issues with the powers that be at the Swim and Sports Club in Flanders.

I'm happy to report that since last year the Swim and Sports Club has paved the entrance from the street all the way to the pool! No more lumps and bumps to get in! (except for the speed bumps). I know this was a concern for those modified vehicles coming into the show.

We are also taking steps to improve food quality and service for breakfast and lunch and have expanded both the camping area and spectator parking.

Rest assured the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society is working hard to make the 11th Gathering the best yet!

Dave
rmital
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 3 2015, 07:23 AM) *

..... (except for the speed bumps).

there was that one "speed bump", a couple years old. really a killer....I guess that's still there?
...you have to go around it thru the parking area.
914Pinoy
I pm MMW couple of weeks ago,I really wanted to go to this show.
waiting for reply for some help.

Hi,
I just purchased a 72 914 a week ago. Everything was running good until last Saturday when I pulled to up to my garage and looks like the car is stuck in gear. Can't shift to reverse or neutral, car would move forward when you release the clutch. I saw your post for the carshow coming up in Flanders. Do you know any mechanic around the area ?I from rockaway NJ, new to the Porsche world. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
dcheek
QUOTE(914Pinoy @ Sep 3 2015, 05:51 AM) *

Hi,
I just purchased a 72 914 a week ago. Everything was running good until last Saturday when I pulled to up to my garage and looks like the car is stuck in gear. Can't shift to reverse or neutral, car would move forward when you release the clutch. I saw your post for the carshow coming up in Flanders. Do you know any mechanic around the area ?I from rockaway NJ, new to the Porsche world. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Try Powertech in, of all places, Rockaway. Ask for Mike Carr. He's races 914's and is a member of the NNJR (Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club of America). If you are not already a member, you should be. Tons of people/information/resources available. Here's Powertech's website. Good luck!
http://www.pwr-tech.com/

Dave
MMW
QUOTE(914Pinoy @ Sep 3 2015, 09:51 AM) *

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Just sent you a pm with my contact info. Sorry didn't know I had a message in my box. Yes powertech would be the closest.

If you are mechanical then start a new thread describing your problem. It may be a simple adjustment.
914Pinoy
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 3 2015, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(914Pinoy @ Sep 3 2015, 05:51 AM) *

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Try Powertech in, of all places, Rockaway. Ask for Mike Carr. He's races 914's and is a member of the NNJR (Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club of America). If you are not already a member, you should be. Tons of people/information/resources available. Here's Powertech's website. Good luck!
http://www.pwr-tech.com/

Dave

Thank You Dave for your response.
I am going to give them a call.

914Pinoy
QUOTE(MMW @ Sep 3 2015, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(914Pinoy @ Sep 3 2015, 09:51 AM) *

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Just sent you a pm with my contact info. Sorry didn't know I had a message in my box. Yes powertech would be the closest.

If you are mechanical then start a new thread describing your problem. It may be a simple adjustment.

Thank You for sending me your info.
Will try Powertech if I can afford them.
914itis
QUOTE(MMW @ Sep 2 2015, 07:46 AM) *

Bump.....Anyone else?

I will be there .
1974 GT clone with stock 2.0 6.

dcheek
We are a little more than 2 weeks away. Need one more confirmed 914 entry to split the class for 914's out from all the other Porsche attendees.

So far the following World members are coming:

914itis
Big Len
rgolia
rgalla9146
914pinoy

rgolia
I have timing issues due to family in town. What is the latest I can get there on Sunday and still be in the group? sad.gif
dcheek
QUOTE(rgolia @ Sep 8 2015, 07:45 AM) *

I have timing issues due to family in town. What is the latest I can get there on Sunday and still be in the group? sad.gif

12 Noon is the cutoff for judging.

Dave
Big Len
Dave - I'm pretty confident there will be more.
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 8 2015, 01:43 PM) *

I'm sure I'll be there...pretty sure....yeah flag.gif
Porschef
I'm a little less certain than that... confused24.gif dry.gif
Big Len
Joe - If you would prefer, you know the stay over offer still stands if that helps.
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 8 2015, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 8 2015, 01:43 PM) *

I'm sure I'll be there...pretty sure....yeah flag.gif

This is one of the best shows in the area (for us air-cooled guys)
don't think I missed this one for the past 8 or 9 years...
...we did try a bunch of years ago to piggyback this event; make it a 914 get together. cause all work is done by the VW guys, No effort on our parts biggrin.gif
...that never played out dry.gif

I like to get there early, beat the traffic.
all the VW guys are there by 8:00am it seems.

not in the past few years, but there was a time when they had "some" 914 vendors.
...still fun junk to pick thru.

I "plan" on being there. Not many 914 early birds, so may take my time this year
rmital
QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 8 2015, 08:51 AM) *

We are a little more than 2 weeks away. Need one more confirmed 914 entry to split the class for 914's out from all the other Porsche attendees.

914itis
Big Len
rgolia
rgalla9146
914pinoy

...they have been moving our position on the field every year...last year we were next to the swing set/play ground area. How 'bout we move back toward the middle of the show??? Just a thought... flag.gif
dcheek
QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 9 2015, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(dcheek @ Sep 8 2015, 08:51 AM) *

914itis
Big Len
rgolia
rgalla9146
914pinoy

...they have been moving our position on the field every year...last year we were next to the swing set/play ground area. How 'bout we move back toward the middle of the show??? Just a thought... flag.gif

There is a reason for the positioning of all classes as they stand. Suffice it to say that for the smooth operation of the show, the positioning will pretty much stay the same this year.

Dave
rgolia
I should be able to make it before 12pm...I will shoot for 11. smile.gif
Big Len
There was a large gathering here in Wildwood yesterday of VW's and Audi's, maybe 150 in total, all headed for the boadwalk. The group was called Coolwater. Anybody heard of them? Never saw them down here before. Made me wish I brought the 14.

MMW
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 13 2015, 07:55 AM) *

There was a large gathering here in Wildwood yesterday of VW's and Audi's, maybe 150 in total, all headed for the boadwalk. The group was called Coolwater. Anybody heard of them? Never saw them down here before. Made me wish I brought the 14.

They have this every year. Dubs on the boards.

http://dubsontheboards.com/dubs-boards-2015
dcheek
I'm happy to report that we are splitting out the 914's into a separate class from all the other Porsches. We are going 3 deep; 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Let's get the party going!

Dave
MMW
I have heard that the awards are new & different this year. No more lunch boxes. Something equally creative & cool I'm sure.

Big Len & Linda with his lunch box the first year he brought his car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Pinoy
Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend, Car is still sitting in my garage and cannot get it to shift. I'm really disappointed but I will try next year.
Thanks for all the help and Input (MMW & Doug 914) I will keep on working on it.

I might swing by just to see your 914's.
MMW
QUOTE(914Pinoy @ Sep 15 2015, 04:23 PM) *

Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend, Car is still sitting in my garage and cannot get it to shift. I'm really disappointed but I will try next year.
Thanks for all the help and Input (MMW & Doug 914) I will keep on working on it.

I might swing by just to see your 914's.

Please stop by, you will not be disappointed in the cars, buses, etc. Last year there was over 380 of them & all air cooled. Food is good, beer is excellent, cars are awesome! You have my cell so text me when you get there as I am always roaming around. To much to do & see to just sit by my car.
dcheek
This year we had a very nice guitar donated for our show. We will be having a silent auction for the guitar taking place in the raffle tent. Please come up and checkout this gorgeous instrument. The starting bid will be $500. This guitar retails for over $1600.

http://www.dangelicoguitars.com/guitars/st...d-series/ex-ss/

Click to view attachment
Alapone
Wish I could make it but I am going to be out of town for the second year in a row. Have fun everybody. Looking forward to the pics.
Big Len
Click to view attachment
Porschef
Hey that orange car with the leaky plenum looks familiar biggrin.gif
Big Len
That's Cool Hand Joe's car.

Click to view attachment
dcheek
Just checked the weather, yet another stellar forecast for the entire weekend.

I'm looking forward to another record turnout.

Dave
MMW
Bump for Sunday!

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Dave - Add Porschef to the list !!

Looking forward to a nice taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich upon arrival.

You west coast guys don't know what that is. It's a Jersey thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.