Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 73 914 2.0 FI /w 5-lug Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Bill Meyer
***SOLD***

73 914, Delphi Green, 2056 FI motor.

Complete photo set here as I can't seem to post pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/100965576@N06...157656758178555

This is a special 914 that I bought from a longtime owner (30+ years) in Southern California. The meticulous care has kept this 914 as rust free as any I've ever seen, with all original undercoating intact it looks nearly factory new underneath. The previous owner somehow amassed 244K miles and was religious about avoiding rain. He even removed the front trunk seal after washing the car to prevent rust in that area and let it fully dry. Every single gas fill up, oil change, and repair is recorded over this period of 30 years and there are $38K in receipts to go with it. The paint has been redone in spots and for the most part is nice, but there is a fair amount of orange peel in the clearcoat. The factory color is Delphi Green.

Worth mentioning: The sides have a few door dings, hard to picture though. The hood is not nearly as glossy as the rest of the paint, not sure why. Also, the FI could probably use the touch of somebody who knows D-jet, I don't. Idle is a little finicky when cold and it appears the AAR unit may be to blame. I also have a Ansa style muffler to go with.

Details: 1973 "914-S" with a fresh 2056 FI motor, Deep 6" Fuch's, 19mm front sway, 140# rear springs with bilstiens, SSI exchangers, CocoMats. Almost all NOS fuel injection components were used in the motor build and has less than 100 miles on it. The car was originally a 1.7 car, but I sourced this freshly built 2056 motor with proper GA case and 2.0 heads.

Motor specifics:

Zero time 2056 motor assembled by European Motor Works/Scat 9/09 have receipt
Balanced 96mm NPR pistons/cylinders
Balanced crank, rods and flywheel
New Stock T4 cam & followers
Galley plugs replaced, case align bored
Heads rebuilt, cracks welded up.
Tons of NOS FI parts
- NOS ECU (still in it's factory box)
- NOS MPS (vacuum checked)
- NOS TPS
- Injectors (4 NOS, 4 rebuilt by Witchhunter)
- Many more
Powdercoated Tin and zinc plated parts
Near new SSI HE's
Triad exhaust
New fuel hoses
Fuel pump
Alternator
All new Bowlsby & OEM wire harnesses
Many more items

The car currently has 5 Deep 6" Fuch's with brand new Goodyear Eagle tires. These wheels are highly desirable among the early 911 crowd and fetch anywhere from $600-$800 each depending on condition (this set would easily bring $3000-$3500, I know, crazy world..). That said I have priced the car two way's, one with the black Superlight wheels (which looks stunning btw), and one as it sits with the Fuch's.

$15,500 with the Fuch's

$13,500 with the Superlight's

Complete photo set here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/100965576@N06...157656758178555

Best to contact me via email, dominick550 AT Yahoo dot com

Thanks, Bill
Bill Meyer
...Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
Amazing! Can you hold off until next spring? lol

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will find it's way to a good home.
Heeltoe914
Such a nice looking car. GLWS I have to say great color combo and a good price IMHO.
matthepcat
I love the color combo. Looks to be in great shape.

Would you sell the car with both sets of wheels?
Cairo94507
Beautiful looking car. Great color combination and nice records too. That should sell quickly. Looks perfect with deep sixes.
914 iv
Bill call me George 508 335 8152 i cannot contact you at your yahoo address.
Bill Meyer
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 5 2015, 12:58 PM) *

I love the color combo. Looks to be in great shape.

Would you sell the car with both sets of wheels?

Absolutely. I'd ask $16,500 with both sets of wheels.
Bill Meyer
QUOTE(914 iv @ Aug 5 2015, 06:34 PM) *

Bill call me George 508 335 8152 i cannot contact you at your yahoo address.

George, looks like your east coast, probably pretty late there so I don't want bug you tonight. What time tomorrow would be good?
914Next
Wow. Really nice! My favorite color and a really nice car. Priced reasonably.
pete000
Love the Fuchs ! Great color combo too !
MikeInMunich
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Should be sold by now or by the weekend, IMHO. If I didn't have two already and a house to buy this fall I would be ALL OVER IT!!

GLWTS, though you won't need it.

bye1.gif

M.i.M.
Bill Meyer
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was a tough decision to let this one go, but I suffer from impulsive car buying syndrome and as such have run out of space.. sad.gif
achman_73_2.0
"Idle seems a little finicky and upper RPM under full throttle seems a bit flat"

If it's a newly rebuilt 2056cc, the issue here could be something as simple as a leak in the intake manifold...this causes multiple small problems that include need for abnormally high idle, car dying when hot (and idle is "correct" when cold") and running out of power high rpm, and hot running.

How do I know? Because after a year of chasing these issues on my 2056, rebuilding the MPS, and many other things, a small leak in the intake manifold is what it turned out to be.

Looks like a completely lovely car, and although I love those Fuchs, I almost love the other wheels better. GLWS
Bill Meyer
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those intake boots tonight.
rhodyguy
there are couple of support tubes in the body of the plenum. the ends are open. they are brazed to the plenum on both ends and i've seen that brazing fail, cracks can form and you have a mystery vacuum leak. the cracks are nearly imperceptible even with the the top of the plenum uncovered of any components.
halmil
I never knew there was such a thing as a 914 S
--axel--
Aaargggh. Not another one leaving the area. Was hoping to have a Lenexa, Olathe, OP rally.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(halmil @ Aug 11 2015, 07:34 PM) *

I never knew there was such a thing as a 914 S

There's not. Someone made this badge. You can see the mounting hole for the stock badge.

Beautiful car, BTW. Had the OP put this up for sale last fall, I'd have been on the phone with him. One of my favorite colors, love the tan interior, and FI (wish my car had it!). Surprised it hasn't sold yet.
iwanta914-6
Every time I look at this, I want it more! Alas, the funds are not currently available... sad.gif
boxsterfan
Love the color on the car. The 5-lug wheels are great.

However, as with all sellers of 914's, we NEED to see pictures of the hell hole and pics of the longs.
Cairo94507
My wife just said, "No. No. No." to my 3 questions, all phrased a bit differently, but generally conveying that I wanted to buy this car so I could drive it until my Six is home. Sometimes being married is inconvenient.... blink.gif
AntiHero
I've never seen this color and have to agree--the more I see it the more I like it. Much prefer the subdued hue over the standard neon safety colors Porsche favored in the 70s.
hotlanta914
Beautiful car and very fair price - not to overlook the obvious, but when you did the engine swap, did you swap out the MPS - I believe the 1.7 and 2.0 L are different. Nice upgrades - good luck with the sale.

Brian
Bill Meyer
Here is some info on the motor:

Zero time 2056 motor assembled by European Motor Works/Scat 9/09 have receipt
Balanced 96mm NPR pistons/cylinders
Balanced crank, rods and flywheel
New Stock T4 cam & followers
Galley plugs replaced, case align bored
Heads rebuilt, cracks welded up.
Tons of NOS FI parts
- NOS ECU (still in it's factory box)
- NOS MPS (vacuum checked)
- NOS TPS
- Injectors (4 NOS, 4 rebuilt by Witchhunter)
- Many more
Powdercoated Tin and zinc plated parts
Near new SSI HE's
Triad exhaust
New fuel hoses
Fuel pump
Alternator
All new Bowlsby & OEM wire harnesses
Many more items
RFoulds
I have a serious buyer for you cash ready. Text me at 760-625-6488

Bill Meyer
ttt
Bill Meyer
Back on the market
Kraftwerk
One of my favorite colors...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.