Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a winner!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carreraguy
Hi all,
Well my "raffle boat"finally arrived! piratenanner.gif
PCA's annual raffle this year was for six Caymans and $25K cash to each of the winners. On July 5th I found out I was one of the six winners of the annual PCA Raffle for a new 2015 Cayman but couldn't "go public" with it until last Friday.
The winner got a GT4, second was a GTS and third was a S; the remaining three received a well-optioned base model; I was the fourth winner so I got the first of the base cars. Not bad for a guy whose biggest drawing prize was six "Zero" bars at a theater when I was just a kid! Apparently there were over 35,000 entries at $50 apiece - so I'll be getting a VERY nice car for that $100. biggrin.gif
When I got the details last week from PCA, they gave me a good sized budget since I didn't like the color and the options offered on an existing new car so I'm using that budget to work with PCNA and my local dealer to find a 2015 that meets my requirements (i.e. less "non-necessary" appearance/radio stuff and more handling options (PSM/PTV etc.). However, since no car has been located so far, its very possible I'll be ordering a 2016 (last year before the 4 cyl turbos).
Will keep all advised as the process continues (if anyone is interested).
Later,
Tom
JeffBowlsby
Congrats Tom. A nier guy could not have won.

Do they make you pay the sales tax on it?
Ferg
aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif Congrats Tom!!! So cool one of our own was a winner. We look forward to a side by side comparison to the Subie 914 driving.gif
rhodyguy
OH MAN!! must have been very difficult having to stay quiet. ttiwwp
johnhora
CONGRATULATIONS!.....That's fantastic
poorsche914
cheer.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Maltese Falcon
Awesome catch !ยก!
bigkensteele
Glad to have paid for $50 worth of your new car. Congrats!
iwanta914-6
Congrats!

Can you pay the difference and upgrade to the GT4? Such a sweet car! I think you'll be pretty happy either way!
jacquot
How sweet it is!
Chris Pincetich
WOW!! I have always daydreamed of winning that raffle, but never bought a ticket dry.gif

You da man! first.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif

Can I buy it off of you for $200? You'll double your money!
av-943.gif
Cairo94507
I am very happy if I did not win a car one of our other members did! How exciting - Congratulations and enjoy. first.gif
SirAndy
cheer.gif
JRust
Yeah that is cool to see a member here win. I entered myself but no joy for me. It's a little better you won though
moldygreg
Congrats. That is awesome to hear and especially, that PCA is being accommodating. Good to know 'real' people are the recipients. Gotta be in it to win it!

Happy motoring!
Geezer914
Congrats! I thought the guys who drew the winners always had scotch tape on their fingers with their buddies tickets attached. Very cool. Make sure you save some of that $25K to give to Uncle Sam, even though he did not chip in on the ticket. He definitely has scotch tape on his fingers.! smilie_pokal.gif
Millerwelds
Stoked for you! beerchug.gif
theleschyouknow
sweet! an engine donor!
beerchug.gif
matthepcat
What color? I will look for it in Almaden Valley!
sb914
Wow,good for you that's great news!congrats. they should do a small story in fourteener mag.
Cuda911
Wow.... congrats!!! Alas, my tickets were not winners... again...
EdwardBlume
biggrin.gif Awesome! Enjoy!
dale73914
Fantastic !!!

That must have been an awesome buzz to find out you'd won smile.gif

Cheers

Dale
wndsnd
Super! I was asking recently if anyone ever knew a winner of these raffles!
Manny Alban
Congrats. Saw your name and called Vu to ask if this was the same Tom we interviewed a few years back in Monterey.

If I won (which I can't because I'm not eligible) I'd ask them to paint it the same color as my 914. Phoenix red.
Krieger
WOW! Congratulations! I almost bought a ticket...
GermermanCarGuy
Great. Now I hate you too. mad.gif Wanna trade? I have a rusty 914. Genuine collector's car (someday). biggrin.gif
Michael N
WOW!!!! Super cool Tom. I can't wait to see it. piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif biggrin.gif first.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
dudzy's914
Congratulations! If you don't want it, I'll take it! I have drivers ed next week, so I think that would be a great kids car-am I right?
rktmn247
Wow! Congratulations! smilie_pokal.gif
SKL1
Congrats- I must have contributed a couple square inches of carpet with my ticket...
Enjoy it- my son loves his '06 Cayman S and says it's a keeper just like my '71 914...
ConeDodger
Upgrade to an S! driving.gif
Sedonut
Congratulations, I won a Honda Kick and go once, it was a skateboard with a handle. I gave it to my nephew.

I trust you are not giving the Porsche to your nephew?

I gotta buy more tickets.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Aug 5 2015, 12:28 PM) *

When I got the details last week from PCA, they gave me a good sized budget since I didn't like the color and the options offered on an existing new car so I'm using that budget to work with PCNA and my local dealer to find a 2015 that meets my requirements (i.e. less "non-necessary" appearance/radio stuff and more handling options (PSM/PTV etc.). However, since no car has been located so far, its very possible I'll be ordering a 2016 (last year before the 4 cyl turbos).

Congratulations. cheer.gif Welcome to the DMEPOC. (dual mid engine Porsche owners club)

I have owned 2 Caymans and I highly recommend Sports Chrono and Sports Exhaust as two of my favorite options. The carbon fiber bucket seats are amazing (if you can get them).
PanelBilly
Great! Have you check to see what kind of jack stands fit?
TravisNeff
Congratulations, we love you in a hating way, or hate you in a loving way! Enjoy!!!
carr914
Congrats! I won a Merkur (my friend Davy Jones pulled my ticket ) from Camel at a IMSA race at Watkins Glen - I traded it in on a Porsche

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Your a Very lucky guy! Congrats!!! I entered, but maybe next time. Enjoy the hell out of it!
carreraguy
Hi all!
Thanks for all the congrats! biggrin.gif

In response to a few questions,
- the additional $25K cash will be used to pay the federal, state and local taxes (thankfully!)
- great to hear from Manny Alban - I'm surprised he remembered my 914AROO from that Monterey concours event a few years back! Good to hear from you Manny!
- I've built my final "dream sheet" - it includes less audio stuff, no nav and a few handling options like PDK, PTV, PASM, Sport Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Sport Steering Wheel, 19" Boxter S wheels. Of course, my ex-racing driver son had an input too as he knows we'll be doing a little "spirited" driving - likely including Laguna Seca.
All of this will be wrapped in Sapphire Blue Metallic (I originally wanted Racing Yellow but my wife was a winner too) which includes Power Folding Mirrors so I can park it next to her car and reduce the chance of her dinging them like she has my other P-cars over these many years! biggrin.gif

Will keep all advised as the process rolls forward.
iwanta914-6
PDK? boo, lol j/k!
Stacks914
Nice Man!! Congrats!!
rhodyguy
Not to rain on your picnic. Is the value of the car something you have to pay taxes on?
orthobiz
Congrats. I've been hoping to win for a few years now. Although I did win a Rocky and Bullwinkle ColorForms set at my local movie theater 50 years ago. I think my time has come...next year!

Paul
rick 918-S
Nice!
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 8 2015, 12:15 PM) *

Not to rain on your picnic. Is the value of the car something you have to pay taxes on?

Yes it is. That is why the raffle includes cash on top of each car to pay for the taxes. Absolutely sweet win. Shoulda been me sad.gif
Spoke
That is awesome!

Question: I recently visited the Porsche dealer in Sewickley PA just looking at the cars on the lot. There was about 8 Porsches 911 4S, 911, Cayman, Boxter. All of them had automatic transmissions. WTF.gif

Are you getting an automatic or stick with a real clutch?
carr914
New PDK - Marvelous!
914-300Hemi
Congrats.
whitetwinturbo
santa_smiley.gif early!
carreraguy
Just heard from the dealer yesterday - its looking like it will be a 2016 for sure!
Now I'm wondering how much more an "S" would cost "out of pocket" and how many options I'll have to pass on to afford it. Anyone in the market for a 28Kmi 2010 base Cayman w/PDK in Ruby Red Metallic? biggrin.gif
Since the factory is closed for the month of August, I doubt I'll see it before Christmas - now that will be a present for sure!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.