Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Front Bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankiec@outrageous.net
Anyone know about this car and the front bumper? I wish I had a pic of the rear to see what that looks like. Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=511
257]
iwanta914-6
It's just a rendering, not a real car.
frankiec@outrageous.net
Whatever, it's looking good. Hope you get a 914 someday. I'm only interested in the bumper and I think it works very well. An RS bumper???
rktmn247
Whatever, it's all out of proportion, there are elements from a 911 and no head lights. The roof line is off and I'm sure there would be just as many problem with the rear. Oh, and as the previous poster said it's just a drawing. barf.gif
rhodyguy
like that black one that was for sale in portland a few years back. HIGHLY customized. throw $50k+ at it. then figure out what sort of engine a fancy car like that warrants. you can dam the colorado river with enough money
frankiec@outrageous.net
I'm just asking a question here and I don't need sarcastic replies to my query. So, rhodyguy, if you have helpful, thoughtful info to give me great! Please stick to the subject matter and not give a negative opinion.
john77
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 5 2015, 11:28 PM) *

Whatever, it's looking good. Hope you get a 914 someday. I'm only interested in the bumper and I think it works very well. An RS bumper???

I think, possibly, it was your tone that's the cause of the sarcastic reply. You asked a question, iwanta914-6 gave you a straight, honest reply, and you replied, "Whatever..."

Just my friendly opinion, take it as you will.
madmax914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 6 2015, 06:19 AM) *

like that black one that was for sale in portland a few years back. HIGHLY customized. throw $50k+ at it. then figure out what sort of engine a fancy car like that warrants. you can dam the colorado river with enough money

The work on this car was flawless, not every bodies cup of tea but you have to appreciate the quality of work.

Sorry Frankie C but if you post here sometime people might offer their opinion.
frankiec@outrageous.net
As I said I wasn't asking for an evaluation of the pic that I posted. I just asked about the FRONT BUMPER and I liked the look. I may try something like this on my 914 3.2 project. Please stay on topic when you give me info/feedback.

QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Aug 6 2015, 12:52 AM) *

Whatever, it's all out of proportion, there are elements from a 911 and no head lights. The roof line is off and I'm sure there would be just as many problem with the rear. Oh, and as the previous poster said it's just a drawing. barf.gif

brant
look up chalon or rayco for something similar
although it doesn't look like the picture you posted when on a real car
SirAndy
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 10:54 AM) *
I just asked about the FRONT BUMPER and I liked the look. I may try something like this on my 914 3.2 project. Please stay on topic when you give me info/feedback.

How is telling you that this is a rendering NOT staying on topic? confused24.gif

There is no info on that bumper because it's NOT REAL. It DOES NOT exist. Someone MADE IT UP.

Is that enough honest feedback for you?
shades.gif
mepstein
914world, middle aged men, cars, stay on topic

lol-2.gif
frankiec@outrageous.net
I guess fabrication is not in your lexicon.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 6 2015, 11:02 AM) *

I just asked about the FRONT BUMPER and I liked the look. I may try something like this on my 914 3.2 project. Please stay on topic when you give me info/feedback.

How is telling you that this is a rendering NOT staying on topic? confused24.gif

There is no info on that bumper because it's NOT REAL. It DOES NOT exist. Someone MADE IT UP.

shades.gif

mepstein
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 01:54 PM) *

As I said I wasn't asking for an evaluation of the pic that I posted. I just asked about the FRONT BUMPER and I liked the look. I may try something like this on my 914 3.2 project. Please stay on topic when you give me info/feedback.

QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Aug 6 2015, 12:52 AM) *

You actually asked about the car and the front bumper - see post #1
frankiec@outrageous.net
I guess your right, they HAVE to give their opinion. It's just in the blood. stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
brant
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 12:09 PM) *

shades.gif

as stated above.
due to the fact that the proportions are off
the hood/cowl/and hood height are from a 911
and the 914 is much lower, square, different door shape, different windshield, different front fender, different roof line....

that bumper on an actual 914 gives a much different overall look than it does on the rendering... the roundness of the bumper won't go along with the square styling of the car... thus the bumper will look like an aftermarket body kit and not fit well with the styling...

all of this is relevant to your question and original post
its a fake bumper on a fake car that you can't buy, and won't flow well with the styling if you fabricate one.
Ferg
Does anyone know where I can get this smaller version of the Carrera GT?

eric9144
FWIW, there is an email right on the graphic, try emailing the "artist"

The entire car is contrived, a meld of a long nose 911 (bumper, hint hint) and a 914. Note the door handles and the shape of the windshield.

I'm guessing you could fab the bumper using a 73 or earlier 911 if that's what you're going for...
MJHanna
headbang.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 6 2015, 01:16 PM) *

as stated above.
and the 914 is much lower, square, different door shape, different windshield, different front fender, different roof line....

that bumper on an actual 914 gives a much different overall look than it does on the rendering... the roundness of the bumper won't go along with the square styling of the car... thus the bumper will look like an aftermarket body kit and not fit well with the styling...

its a fake bumper on a fake car that you can't buy, and won't flow well with the styling if you fabricate one.

ARE you sure its not real I can see the picture so it must be real. WTF.gif agree.gif chair.gif
shades.gif
eric9144
shades.gif
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 02:28 AM) *

Early S spoiler... this might be a starting point.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
frankiec@outrageous.net
Relax, I may have call 911 for an ambulance in case you get too excited.

QUOTE(MJHanna @ Aug 6 2015, 11:24 AM) *

headbang.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 6 2015, 01:16 PM) *

as stated above.

ARE you sure its not real I can see the picture so it must be real. WTF.gif agree.gif chair.gif
shades.gif

frankiec@outrageous.net
Eric, thanks for the pic, it's where I want to go with the front bumper. Or is this a made up pic (sic)!
VWTortuga336
popcorn[1].gif
frankiec@outrageous.net
For all you naysayers out there: http://singervehicledesign.com/
john77
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 12:07 PM) *

What naysayers?
SirAndy

I'll say yay if you "fabricate" one onto a real 914 and make it look good.

Until then, it's a big fat NAY ...
rolleyes.gif
Jonathan Livesay
IPB Image
madmax914

I can build you a Singer type 914 for half the cost as a Singer 911, of course I'll need a deposit.
eric9144
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 12:02 PM) *

Eric, thanks for the pic, it's where I want to go with the front bumper. Or is this a made up pic (sic)!

Real pic beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Aug 6 2015, 10:25 AM) *

I'm just asking a question here and I don't need sarcastic replies to my query. So, rhodyguy, if you have helpful, thoughtful info to give me great! Please stick to the subject matter and not give a negative opinion.

Maybe you should try 914club.com. You'll get a lot less sarcasm over there.
Mike Bellis
You fuchers are so sensitive... Please do fabricate that dog shit front bumper on your 914. It can only help out the value of the rest of ours... barf.gif
theleschyouknow
what's that air scoop at the base of the short hood up by the windshield feed?
rhodyguy
OH MY. actually, i don't find that rendering distasteful at all. i like the car, esp the 'john kellyish' flares. the paint? sign me up. i guess the point i was trying to make WAS, if you like it, try to build it. what ever the cost. but then i don't know what you expected with the 911914 or 914911 posting. so the insecure 914 gets a nose job to look like the handsome guy that gets all the girls? if you interpreted what i wrote as sarcasm i'm saddened you feel that way. if you perceive what i've just written as sarcasm, i'm saddened you feel that way. btw. the fact that the car wouldn't be legal to drive on the roads where i live wasn't lost on me. can't drive it? forget it. why bother?

kevin's cousin tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.