Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
goes by the name of "tripeiro74". Only a member for 2-3 years. Screwed me out of $150. He is in Portugal. I also found that the ebay buyer protection runs 60 days. After that your out in the cold. $150 is chump change but I do plan to extract as much in damage to his reputation. Sis o it now my mission to post as much crap online as possible re: this Turd. Can I please get some Porsche Board links from you guys both here and abroad. Figured I might as well spread the cheer in his own backyard as well. stirthepot.gif TIA, Kent
rhodyguy
bummer man. so you got screwed on international shipping too? when i do international payment is in one form ONLY. good old western union. they are EVERYWHERE with this fancy internet thing. simpleā€¦the buyer puts the transaction, INTERNET, on what EVER they want to use. for me it goes to the 'puyallup' area. they buyer notifies me of the payment made. i go to the grocery store, they handle WU in the customer service department, sign a printed out check and they give me the cash on the spot. no fee on my end. MY money is not tied to any saving/checking/credit card account or held back due a dispute or simple thievery. buyer doesn't like the program? ts. no part.
matthepcat
Sucks. Did you pay through PayPal?

I have been saved by PayPal for this type of stuff in the past.

Matt
Mueller
I recently got burned for 40 bucks on ebay...1st time since it has been around. I tried to contact seller a few times with no luck, then I tried going thru ebay and I screwed something up and they wouldn't honor the protection.

I'm in the process of going thru PayPal for a refund, I'll see how that goes.

I understand late or other issues, but when they are stealing on purpose they need to be put down like a rabid dog!
76-914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 6 2015, 12:14 PM) *

Sucks. Did you pay through PayPal?

I have been saved by PayPal for this type of stuff in the past.

Matt

I looked and it was an instant transfer from my acc't. As of yesterday, all of my paypal transactions will go thru my CC and not their preferred instant transfer process. I like the buyer protection that my CC offers.
eric9144
Had this happen right before the holidays, thankfully for a small amount of money...PayPal came through--if you're claim is legit they'll give the sheister a chance to make things right, then they'll yank the funds back from them and refund you.

I 'think' that process was 2-3 weeks. I too changed the way my transactions process--there's another kicker--when they refund you, PayPal will have it sit on their end for a while before you can actually put the $$ back into your own account bs.gif
Chris H.
What did you buy? Did he have tracking info? Can't you still do e-bay feedback? He only has 39 total. It would hammer his percentage.
76-914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 7 2015, 12:22 PM) *

What did you buy? Did he have tracking info? Can't you still do e-bay feedback? He only has 39 total. It would hammer his percentage.

Can't do feedback after 60 days. mad.gif Point of entry was NY. The trail ends there. Yep it would. If he ever lists anything < 35 bucks I might just arrange to buy said item with that intention. Water under the bridge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.