IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

And for fun the classifieds from 1987:

IPB Image
IPB Image

forrestkhaag
In the classified: Check out 911 Engines/Parts....

Things have changed............

hissyfit.gif
nine11speedster
thank you!
scotty b
blink.gif
matthepcat
The classifieds is a trip!

I can scan a higher resolution version if folks are interested...funny

If all you guys that could afford a $10-20K car in the 80's had only known.
theleschyouknow
wow that's awesome haven't had a chance to read through it all but thanks for posting that
yes a hi res would be cool
beerchug.gif
cjl
busmech
Like the 58 speedster 4 cam for $55k
matthepcat
QUOTE(busmech @ Aug 6 2015, 07:19 PM) *

Like the 58 speedster 4 cam for $55k

$55k was tons of money in 87 (probably overpriced for the time)....but would have been worth it in the long run.
Andyrew
Oh that was a good magazine! I think I have a copy of it... I have pretty much every copy from the beginning to like 2001... Only magazines I have left sadly apart from 5 Hot Rod mags from the 50's.
Big Len
Great read....thanks for posting.
rgalla9146
Porsche made them change the title.
Now known as ...... Excellence !
thieuster
Hans Gugelot was born in 1920 on Makassar, an Indonesian island (Then a Dutch colony). His parents moved to Switzerland when he was 14 y/o. Gugelot died in 1965, at the age of 45. I seriously doubt the fact that he personally had anything to do with the design of the 914.

Having said that, he used to work for Braun. Electric razors etc. The echo of that era can be found when you look at the famous travelling alarm clock / cube by Braun.

The 914 echos the styling of the pre war Bauhaus architects. Max Bill was one of the leading figures back then. Bill's watch designs are highly praised these days and very expensive. Google it.

Interesting designs also came from Scandinavia. Arne Jacobsen designed a lot: houses, clocks, he even found a solution for a traffic problem: the 'super elips square'. For me, these scandinavian designs are closer to the 914s shape than any other form. The sloping rear window echoes the sloping rear window of the Saab 99 and during the time that the 914 was in production, Saab introduced pop up head lights on the Saab Sonett III.

Finally, I don't know anything about fonts or writing, but I have the impression that the articles' titles are made with a font that's from the same 'design school' as the 914s design.

Menno
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.