Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back Up Light Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
My back up lights stopped working (so I thought) but will work if I hold the shifter completely toward the front of the car as I try to back up..

What is worn out or what needs to be tightened?

Thanks
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 6 2015, 04:30 PM) *

My back up lights stopped working (so I thought) but will work if I hold the shifter completely toward the front of the car as I try to back up..

Thanks

The back up light switch is on the trans. not near the shifter, so that's a good one. Maybe the pin on the end of the switch is worn down to the point that it needs heavy pressure on the slider that contacts it when the trans. is in reverse?
That's all I've got, in my experience the back up lights are a go no go situation. smile.gif
Larmo63
I was thinking it could be that pin in the trans too.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Aug 6 2015, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 6 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Thanks

The back up light switch is on the trans. not near the shifter, so that's a good one. Maybe the pin on the end of the switch is worn down to the point that it needs heavy pressure on the slider that contacts it when the trans. is in reverse?
That's all I've got, in my experience the back up lights are a go no go situation. smile.gif

agree.gif
Larmo63
Can the switch be unscrewed and a new pin installed?
dangrouche
$7.25 from Pelican parts

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...-303-017-02-OEM

You may lose a drop or two tranny oil, since you
1. pull off the electric leads that insert into the reverse switch,
2. take out the reverse switch,
3. remove old pin
4. insert new pin
5. re install tranny switch
6. plug in electric leads. As easy and non-messy as you can get on the tranny

careful on lead removal, as 40 years of oil and heat may make the lead separate from the crimp bulb at the end of each lead, so use a pair of needle nose and try to grab at the barrel, rather than just tugging at the wire, don't ask me how I know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.