Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Does 914Club Support Itself?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
riverman
One of my greatest fears is that I'm going to get half way through my project and wake up one day and 914Club will be gone. How will I ever get the answers to my critical/stupid questions? The thought of doing this thing on my own is almost unbearable. Who will I brag to when I'm done? My fiance doesn't care.

Servers, bandwidth, upkeep and repairs must cost something? How about a back-up server (Pelican Parts BBS not included)? I've noticed that some of the members call themselves 'Benefactors', is this the Club's source of financial support? If so, how do I (or anybody else for that matter) become a benefactor?

Honestly, I enjoy the comraderie, humour and expertise of this forum immensely and I would not want see it go away. If there is anything I can do to add my support to this site, please let me know and I would be glad to help.

AND, if there is anything that us grateful members can do, I would encourage anyone who may have been taking this free source of entertainment, friendship, and advice for granted to help out in any way they can as well.
SirAndy
alright then ...

money isn't going to do any good at this point, but if you have anything related to a "Compaq ProLiant DL380" lying around collecting dust, i might be interested in building a backup mirror of the site to reduce the amount of downtime in case we have a failure again like we had 2 weeks ago ...

anything from 18.2/36.4 GB Harddrives, RAM, external Raid-Array + Controller or even a complete spare box ...

the current DL380 is a older model, very similar to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5755845681&rd=1

or, save your money and buy the admins a beer or two at the WCC '05 !!!
beerchug.gif Andy
redshift
Let me explain the 914club..

We buy cheap Chinese knock-offs of AK-74s, and we trade them for poppy crops. We sell the poppys, and we buy cocaine futures.. and in the end, we sell the Ovaltine to the Greater San Fernando Valley Public School System, for a hefty profit.

M
SLITS
Mit einem deutschen Schotte-Bügel

rolleyes.gif
Allan
Miles, I thought you sold buttons at the swap meet and sent the money to Andy?
scotty b
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 28 2005, 04:50 PM)

We buy cheap Chinese knock-offs of AK-74s,

M

For those not in the know the AK-74 is actually a rifle produced in Australia. It IS an exact copy of the AK-47, but being as it is produced in Australia, they call it an AK-74 to keep in line with the toilets flushing backwards! laugh.gif
rick 918-S
How do we support them? cool_shades.gif Jock strap! idea.gif

When Sir Andy needs something he asked. Until then we've been instructed to carry on regardless.
SLITS
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Feb 28 2005, 05:57 PM)
How do we support them? cool_shades.gif Jock strap! idea.gif

When Sir Andy needs something he asked. Until then we've been instructed to carry on regardless.

In german Rich, in german.......
redshift
Yes, I have been instructed to carry on!

monkeydance.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 28 2005, 04:58 PM)
In german Rich, in german.......

In Deutsch, Richard, in Deutsch !!!
redshift
Mein esel hat eine rose tätowierung!

M
rick 918-S
Me Deutschland nit so gute?
SLITS
Die ist mehr Informationen über Ihren Esel, als wir crackerboy kennen mußten.
GWN7
Setzen Sie den Tinfoilhut zurück auf Ihren Esel
redshift
Sie können ihre nase auswählen, und sie können ihre freunde auswählen, aber sie ist nicht höflich, nase ihres freunds auszuwählen!

M
SirAndy
laugh.gif you guys are nuts! screwy.gif
redshift
esel
riverman
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 28 2005, 07:50 PM)

We buy cheap Chinese knock-offs of AK-74s, and we trade them for poppy crops. We sell the poppys, and we buy cocaine futures.. and in the end, we sell the Ovaltine to the Greater San Fernando Valley Public School System, for a hefty profit.

M

I like Ovaltine!

Seriously, there should be some kind of fund we can donate to, to upgrade servers, or buy back-ups, or whatever. Hell, maybe I can even get some sort of tax write-off or something. All I'm saying is that I would like to contribute in some way to ensure the future of this thing beyond asking retarded questions and poking fun at other members retarded qestions.

Perhaps, once this e-commerce thing gets up and running you could sell t-shirts or stickers or those hard hats that hold two beers, all with the club logo on them to help support future endeavors. I'd at least buy some of that crap.

Or, is it that you don't know who to trust with the money? hmmm.

SLITS
Mein Gott, ist es 5:00 und Zeit, nach Hause zu gehen. Es ist eine einsame Fahrt ohne alle meine Vereinfreunde. Bis wir wieder treffen, halten Sie die Gummiseite unten und die glänzende Seite oben.
SirAndy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 28 2005, 05:16 PM)
Mein Gott, ist es 5:00 und Zeit, nach Hause zu gehen. Es ist eine einsame Fahrt ohne alle meine Vereinfreunde. Bis wir wieder treffen, halten Sie die Gummiseite unten und die glänzende Seite oben.

smilie_flagge6.gif pretty good!

"Mein Gott, es ist 17:00 Uhr und Zeit nach Hause zu gehen.
Es ist eine einsame Fahrt ohne alle meine Vereinsfreunde.
Bis wir uns wieder treffen, halten Sie die Gummiseite unten und die glänzende Seite oben."
ein 6er
there is no support for "the club".........

"the club" just hangs out and flops all around!! mueba.gif
scotts-toolwench
dieses deutsche Material bildet meine verletzten Brüste laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (scotts-toolwench @ Feb 28 2005, 05:29 PM)
dieses deutsche Material bildet meine verletzten Brüste  :lol:

ohmy.gif i hope something was lost in translation there!

biggrin.gif Andy
scotts-toolwench
No, it was not. accents do strange things to me... rolleyes.gif
jd74914
Ich hasse Sie Kerle. Sein wirklich hartes, Deutsches durch einen Übersetzer zu verstehen.
bryanthompson
Babelfish spricht deutsch für mich. cool.gif
scotty b
Mein....HaggenDazen..........ist....verboten.........en .....der weiner.....schnitzle..........frau..line. Germen 101 smilie_pokal.gif

So what did I say? confused24.gif
scotty914
gerade für Sie andy, lassen Akzente sie Nippel merkwürdige Sachen
tun
Flat VW
I am collecting donations for the 914Club.Com. Please PM me so that I may provide you with my P.O. box address.

All donations, cash only please, small bills placed in a plain envelope.

Mark the envelope 3.3L-6 red car conversion fund.

As a token of appreciation free 914Club.Com stickers will be available at the WCC event in California, courtesy of Mike Z.

Also as an extra added bonus Howard will pay all of your "track fees" for the WCC event if you will only pay for your registration.

Your donation additionally enters you for no cost in the Bikini Contest to be announced.

The recent winner of this year's 2005 Targa-Aid event Bikini Contest shall be the judge of the WCC contest and all decisions made by same shall be deemed complete and final.

Thankyou for your support, (my best Bartles and James voice)

John

riverman
Es ist nicht nett, jemand durch die Verein herum zu ziehen. (Google Translator)

Anyone going to actually address my question?
GWN7
Ihre Frage wurde, er wünschen nicht Geld, kaufen ihn ein Bier beantwortet, wenn Sie ihn treffen
Allan
Merhaba abbi, nasilseniz? Bugun guzel. OOPS sorry that's Turkish, biggrin.gif
Qarl
Ich habe eine frage!

Warum ist jeder Sprechen deutsch?
GWN7
Es ist deutscher Montag
morph
Here is all the stuff on e-bay that came up. What is it you need again?
http://search.ebay.com/Compaq-ProLiant-DL3...fromZR2QQsojsZ1

HIEDI
riverman
QUOTE (riverman @ Feb 28 2005, 08:47 PM)
Es ist nicht nett, jemand durch die Verein herum zu ziehen. (Google Translator)

Anyone going to actually address my question?

Sorry, I should have read Lawrence's (Rusty's) post before I started this. Asked and answered.
HarveyH
beerchug.gif Zwei Bier Bitte beer3.gif
Harvey
michel richard
Drei alte, bitte
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut. Sie mussen langsam schreiben.

MR
SLITS
OH- mein Gott im Himmel... müssen Sie achtgeben sehr auf von, was Sie hier sagen. Die Jungen im Blau lesen diese Pfosten für Beweis. Sieg................
Flat VW
Hold it fellas, I typed something funny (to me) in english I might add and not one comment! mad.gif
scotts-toolwench
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 28 2005, 07:31 PM)
Hold it fellas

ohmy.gif Hey! what about me? dry.gif

P.s- I thought your post was pretty amusing.....and at first I was like hey....then I read and was like HEY!!!! laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 28 2005, 08:31 PM)
Hold it fellas, I typed something funny (to me) in english I might add and not one comment! mad.gif

Ihr Pfosten enthalten zu vielen politischen Hinweisen. Wir ignorieren ihn zugunsten der Harmonie.
Qarl

Es war nicht auf Deutsch!
redshift
Yes, hello fair consituent, I hope this God's day brings you joy!

I am Narula Kambuckta, second adversarial forloin condroitant to the principal consort, here in Kaknanduk, Nigeria. I searched your email address through a distained service of another republic to bring you great news of wealth I have to share with the recipieent. Your email name, j914qfuncktart@yahoo is related to the name of our deposed minister of deep wallets, Kamirqees Funcktartha, so maybe you can help with this oh joyous of celebratory take the big money!

No more detail available! $53 billion dollars is belongs to you!

Paypal me $100,000 US to set up the account in Australlia, pronto mate!

paypal to: executiveNarulaK@nigerianemailscam.com
SLITS
Ich sammele Abgaben für die 914Club.Com. Bitte P.M. ich, damit ich Sie mit meiner KAUFVERTRAG-Kastenadresse versehen kann. Alle Abgaben, Bargeld gefallen nur, die kleinen Rechnungen, die in einen normalen Umschlag gelegt werden. Kennzeichnen Sie die Auto-Umwandlung Kapital des Umschlags 3.3L-6 rote. Da ein Zeichen der Anerkennung freigeben, sind die 914Club.Com Aufkleber am WCC Fall in Kalifornien, Höflichkeit von Mike Z vorhanden. Auch, da eine addierte Extraprämie Howard alle Ihre "Schiene Gebühren" für den WCC Fall zahlt, wenn Sie nur für Ihre Ausrichtung zahlen. Ihre Abgabe meldet Sie zusätzlich für keine Kosten in den verkündet zu werden Bikini- anWettbewerb. Der neue Sieger diesjährigen Targa-Helfer Fall Bikini-Wettbewerbs 2005 ist der Richter des WCC Wettbewerbs und allen Entscheidungen, die durch selben getroffen werden, werden komplett und Endrunde gemeint. Danke für Ihre Unterstützung, (meine beste Bartles und James Stimme) John lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Besser?
Flat VW
Thanks for the "help" Slits.
Bleyseng
Hey, good idea! we should switch to German so the cops can't spy on us. I know some German or Dutch...and a few Greek words.

Geoff
scotty b
How about ancient Jumala? It is only spoken in very remote parts of soth african jungles and is a series of clicks and grunts. Lets see then coppers break that code!! Will Mueller be our Rodney King??? Can we shout his name at rallies?
SLITS
Mein lieber Narula Kambuckta,

Ich wünsche nicht Ihr Geld. Ich benötige eine Ziege, vorzugsweise weiblich für persönliche Zufriedenheit.

Wenn Sie email die Details für solch eine Verhandlung wurden, würde ich ewig dankbar sein.

Mein email address ist Ziege fornicator@san mateo county.cum.

Ich erwarte Ihre früheste Antwort.
redshift
It looks to me as if the cops are being scammed by the guy who says Brad stole his car.

I hear the DMV told him not to title it until it was running... THAT IS NOT WHAT THE DMV does.

It sounds to me like the guy would have never known the car existed, if not for the magazine story.

That's what it sounds like to me, a nut, who will do anything. I can't not talk about it.

I think the second guy is making it up.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.