Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went on a drive with the PCA Cascade chapter today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So met up with the local PCA group which met up with one larger one in Oakridge Oregon. 45 cars were there & of course I had the only 914. Had quite a few asking if it was a six after following me evilgrin.gif . They were all very cool about the suby conversion & very interested. Saw a few people I knew there but most I didn't. The larger group we met up with started in Canada. Overall was a cool Friday I normally work. Plus the drive on the Aufderheide Highway was a treat. A good hour of twisties through tree lined roads ending with incredible views over lakes. Was an absolute beautiful drive I am excited I know about now. Here are pics from today at our meeting point
JRust
A couple more from Tokatee Golf course where we had lunch after the cool Aufderheide Hwy drive.
madmax914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 7 2015, 04:13 PM) *

A couple more from Tokatee Golf course where we had lunch after the cool Aufderheide Hwy drive.

I can't believe they parked that close to the green.

A lot of nice cars but I really like the green 914 with silver strips!
Tom_T
You help prove my past points about PCA - lotsa fun stuff to do, & most in PCA nowadays really like the 914s! biggrin.gif

Sounds like a great "hookie day"! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Hank914
Too bad I had a bunch of business to do in Bend. Otherwise I would have taken the Old McKenzie Highway to Blue River and met up with you.

Where do you start this Auf highway? I never heard of it. Spill the details.
JRust
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Aug 7 2015, 05:57 PM) *

Too bad I had a bunch of business to do in Bend. Otherwise I would have taken the Old McKenzie Highway to Blue River and met up with you.

Where do you start this Auf highway? I never heard of it. Spill the details.

The Auf hwy starts just west of oak ridge by 2 miles. Then ends on hwy 126 about 5 miles or so west of Tokatee Golf course. Be happy to make the run with you sometime. Gorgeous road
Hank914
I just googled for more info. Sounds very nice, can't believe I have driven by there dozens of times from Sisters to Springfield and never knew about this. We will have to do this drive sometime! Thanks for sharing, I learned another cool road.
matthepcat
You could be the first picture in this new thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=261540
Alphaogre
Looks like a gorgeous place to drive ! I have found that though most PCA members have newer 911's on the drives, they always appreciate the 914 and usually have owned one or ridden in one back in the day.
JRust
Yeah there was one older gentleman who couldn't stop talking about his 71 914 with the 1.7. He averaged 37 mpg for like 4 years straight he said blink.gif . Put 200k on that car before he sold it. Think he was driving a silver 07 911. Talked with a guy from Seattle during lunch. Really was a nice day. Guy in a 2011 boxster Apologized for holding me up on the drive happy11.gif . I laughed & apologized if I was pushing him. We had a lot of fun on that road. We had some good aggressive cornering. Mixed with just some nice clean running
thieuster
Great pics! The scenery looks a lot like the southern part of Germany, south of Stuttgart, or even the lower parts of the Alps in the north of Switzerland! Porsches must feel at home in Oregon! (Don't know about the temperatures off course: near Stuttgart it's a recordbraking 110F these days)

Menno
mgp4591
Looks like a great turnout and I love that area- I've been through there on my bike and had a hard time keeping the bugs outta my teeth because my mouth was hanging open from the scenery! I've been keeping my eye open for positions with Intel in Oregon that I could transfer to someday possibly- I think it could be very nice! I've really gotta get my car on the road so I can drive where I used to ride... driving.gif
I LOVE the contrast of the bright green 914 next to all those, uh, rather mundane looking 911s...! shades.gif
EdwardBlume
Beautiful spot. drooley.gif

Its nice to hear that PCA events like this are evolving. I think the transition to water pumpers is raising the appreciation of air cooled in all forms. Of course you reversed that trend in your car! shades.gif

Great to see!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.