Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is your 914 today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I am of the opinion that we should start a thread that focuses on where are we going tonight or today in our 914.

I live on the south west coast of USA. I rip up and down Pacific Coast Hwy and, rarely if ever, but mostly never see a 914.

My lovely wife and I go out to dinner and drive the 914 as a rule.

No top in the trunk.

No heater or AC.

And the uppityups in Corona Del Mar, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point (can you say Concours) - just popping out of their 2015 Ferrari F12berlinetta's (dime a dozen here...hohum) are ready to have me publically whacked because the iPhones are clicking photos of my lovely wife and the 914 at an alarming rate.. and the F12 locking quite fine as a matter of fact, is being neglected..

So what I am suggesting is we start a thread that is simply / where did you drive your 914 to today in photos curbside / simple / photo based and indicative of the interest and value of the simple poor man's Porsche; the 914.

any takers?? We are on our way out / the sun has yet to set so the phot will be AOK beerchug.gif
matthepcat
I like this idea. I will post tomorrow when I take mine out.
Cairo94507
Click to view attachment
Well..... as you can see, I did not drive it anywhere. However, this is the last time I stood next to it, wishing I was driving it. That was last year. I hope to have it back in my garage by the end of this year (2015).
bandjoey
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Aaaaaahhhhaaaaaa. You threw out the challenge. Where's the lovely wife? And teener of course. biggrin.gif
Jett
Went for a day cruise down 101 from Seattle to Oregon. Great day to go topless smile.gif
Alphaogre
I like this idea, I'll have update once I get back on the road in a couple weeks!

I usually take mine down 101 on Fridays to work. Most people seem to drive their toys on Fridays. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
JRust
Me at a local Pca drive today!
euro911
Today I drove the 'BB' to a doctor appointment, then to the pharmacy. I had to drive back to the doctor's office because the pharmacy needed a wet-ink date on one of the Rx. When I got out of the car, there was a guy standing there smiling, and he said "I'm glad you came back, I wanted to ask you some questions about your car."

He said he owned one many years ago (couldn't remember if it was a 75 or 76), but he really liked driving it. He hadn't seen one on the road in decades. We talked for about 15 minutes, then the nurse brought my inked Rx out and I had to go. I let the gentleman know about 914 World, and he said thanks ...

No camera, so no pix - but I'll be shooting some pix & video at Kent's (76-914) tomorrow, while converting the 'BB' to a hydraulic clutch system biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I like this photo, so, there….

Click to view attachment
ripper911
Reminds me of this picture I took at AA. One of my cars is on a lift in the background

IPB Image
GeorgeRud
Resting on top of my new scissor lift!Click to view attachment
Hank914
Back in Oregon, so gonna miss the. San Jose show.

Click to view attachment
slivel
Just resting.....waiting for the next track event.

Click to view attachment
metalmorphosis
At cars and coffee this morning. There were 7 356's keeping my crusty 914 company.
Gint
Just got back from a breakfast run. No pictures of me in the autozone parking lot cleaning out plugged idle jets. Sorry...

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Waiting for my leg to get better so I can push the clutch in without having leg pain dry.gif

Geezer914
SCCA Autocross promotion, Richland, NJ car show.

Click to view attachment
Porschef
Didn't get it in the picture but yesterday drove east, with an intention to stop by Tesla ' s abandoned laboratory. Been past it a hundred times but never knew it was there...

Built in 1901, Stanford White designed it.

Click to view attachment

Fascinating man, just starting to educate myself about him.

His statue and the lab in the distance.
Garland
Some Under fresh L96D Silver lacquer.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914_teener
Tucked away.......

Gonna take it out in about an hour. Nice day for a drive.

Click to view attachment
ripper911
Sitting in it's oil stained parking spot at work.

I'm the only person with their own parking spot! biggrin.gif

IPB Image
xperu
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 7 2015, 08:00 PM) *

I am of the opinion that we should start a thread that focuses on where are we going tonight or today in our 914.

I live on the south west coast of USA. I rip up and down Pacific Coast Hwy and, rarely if ever, but mostly never see a 914.

My lovely wife and I go out to dinner and drive the 914 as a rule.

No top in the trunk.

No heater or AC.

And the uppityups in Corona Del Mar, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point (can you say Concours) - just popping out of their 2015 Ferrari F12berlinetta's (dime a dozen here...hohum) are ready to have me publically whacked because the iPhones are clicking photos of my lovely wife and the 914 at an alarming rate.. and the F12 locking quite fine as a matter of fact, is being neglected..

So what I am suggesting is we start a thread that is simply / where did you drive your 914 to today in photos curbside / simple / photo based and indicative of the interest and value of the simple poor man's Porsche; the 914.

any takers?? We are on our way out / the sun has yet to set so the phot will be AOK beerchug.gif

Funny, I'm in Laguna Beach visiting Mom and family while my 914 is in the shop having body repairs in Houston Texas. "I'm actually a California Son, born and raised"
Porschef
Had to drive my daughter to work, on the way back stopped by a local European car show. It's a small display but usually has some real cool stuff. Only a couple miles from home.

Click to view attachment

No teeners, but a nice 356 and a real RS.
forrestkhaag
Good to see so much participation on the "Where is your 914 today" concept.

So after coffee in the spool, brake-fast at the White House (in Laguna Beach) and packing off Susan to attend Sunday services at "Church"....(her CPA Firm...) Did I say she loves to work.... I went for a canyon carve on the Ortega Hwy in SoCal.

The Rice-Rockets are the only thing out there that can keep up with the lowly 914 for, as we know, if one lets off on the gas in a hard decel banked turn in the trusty 356, you will be looking at your own lane of oncoming traffic... not good. the 914 may set one or two tires to smoking but the control is still there just under its limits. This is why I ditched the 993 for a beater 914.

The Ortega is a good drive at the right time of morning / It starts in Hell (the 5 Freeway south of more traffic) and ends in Hell x 2, Lake Elsinore, California......... but along the way the compound spiral curves that some drug induced hippy Cal Trans engineer designed to get the settlers thru the mountains makes for a fun drive.

I recommend it highly.

forrestkhaag
and I know what your thinking... ditch a 993 for a 914 / here in Laguna, a Parking space sells for 10K per summer season / do the math.... I may go back all in,... come winter when parking spaces are a dime a dozen.. In the meantime, the 914 sits on property while our other SUV's worth x times sit and jockey for street parking...

Priorities being what they are...
forrestkhaag
and did anyone notice in the Avatar, that I replaced my head with my latest motor... hence "motor head" ..
forrestkhaag
xperu : if you need a 914 to drive while out here in Laguna, let me know,.. mine is running fine and its yours (insured of course) if you want to take a drive.
beerchug.gif

bandjoey
Since its 156 degrees in the shade this week I waited until late and took a drive in the dark. Now I want LED headlights.
VegasRacer
Out and about on Pacific Avenue in downtown Henderson.
VegasRacer
Selfie on Water Street.
stugray
Mine last weekend:

IPB Image

Same corner different angle at the start
IPB Image
DRPHIL914
After finishing the drivers seat recover, then installed and took her for a drive!
xperu
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 8 2015, 05:14 PM) *

xperu : if you need a 914 to drive while out here in Laguna, let me know,.. mine is running fine and its yours (insured of course) if you want to take a drive.
beerchug.gif

Wow, that's quit an offer and a big thanks! I am heading to Mission Viejo lake this morning for the day with the family, then back to Houston early tomorrow morning to beat rush hour between here and San Diego.
I can't wait to see my car after all the repairs. It's been a 10 year journey with this car, I had others 914's in the past, but this one is a keeper.
When it time I will give it to my nephew who lives in Chatsworh. aktion035.gif
Thanks again. Mike
76-914
Mine is at Mark's (euro911) house and my telephoto lens is too weak to capture the pic. biggrin.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 8 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Didn't get it in the picture but yesterday drove east, with an intention to stop by Tesla ' s abandoned laboratory. Been past it a hundred times but never knew it was there...

Built in 1901, Stanford White designed it.

Click to view attachment

Fascinating man, just starting to educate myself about him.

His statue and the lab in the distance.

agree.gif I just watched a documentary on Tesla on Netflix. It's called "Tesla - Master of Lightning." Check it out.

He was so far ahead of his time. I'm sure he'd be converting a 914 to electric if he was still around. biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 9 2015, 08:12 AM) *
Mine is at Mark's (euro911) house and my telephoto lens is too weak to capture the pic. biggrin.gif
... and the 'BB' is at Kent's (76-914) up on on blocks. We got so close to getting the hyd clutch mod done, but after working on it for almost 10 hours, we called it quits for the day.

Click to view attachment

We'll have to finish it up next Saturday
sb914
Click to view attachment
I drove mine to bid a job in h.h
Older lady,was super nice. Said she once owned a 914-6, 356, turbo carrera, two 911s. And she gave me a old school Porsche shirt. piratenanner.gif
We'll see if I get the job.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 8 2015, 02:27 PM) *

Good to see so much participation on the "Where is your 914 today" concept.

So after coffee in the spool, brake-fast at the White House (in Laguna Beach) and packing off Susan to attend Sunday services at "Church"....(her CPA Firm...) Did I say she loves to work.... I went for a canyon carve on the Ortega Hwy in SoCal.

The Rice-Rockets are the only thing out there that can keep up with the lowly 914 for, as we know, if one lets off on the gas in a hard decel banked turn in the trusty 356, you will be looking at your own lane of oncoming traffic... not good. the 914 may set one or two tires to smoking but the control is still there just under its limits. This is why I ditched the 993 for a beater 914.

The Ortega is a good drive at the right time of morning / It starts in Hell (the 5 Freeway south of more traffic) and ends in Hell x 2, Lake Elsinore, California......... but along the way the compound spiral curves that some drug induced hippy Cal Trans engineer designed to get the settlers thru the mountains makes for a fun drive.

I recommend it highly.

I use to drive my 1974 Lotus Europa Special on Ortega hwy, to much fun. Its been 11 yrs since I've been there. Is Cooks corner still there.
TJB/914
I finally got my 914 out of winter storage and cleaned, and cleaned it up for the Woodward Dream Cruise that starts this week. I need to get new license tags, insurance and tune a miss that just started?? It ran perfect on start up then stumbled a few times during new startups then ran perfect a few times. I think I have a bad fuel injector that needs to be changed out from my spare stash. Always something popcorn[1].gif
I needed a new battery and sourced one that sits too high by about 1/2" and had to take off my rain tray. Oh well I don't run in the rain anyway laugh.gif rolleyes.gif I checked my new oil dip stick gauge & it works perfectly.

Hopefully, I'll see some 914's at the Woodward Dream Cruise mid week. driving.gif

Tom
forrestkhaag
Cooks Corner is still there and this morning. while there, I met a fine group of Bikers - one so friendly he offered his babe up for a ride in the 914 to try to convince her that a 914 should be in her future (not Mine...) So I did a few curves (not hers) and she was sold on the idea / The big Harley's are like the Big Chevy's / good on the straight / not so good on the curves... He caught up with us at the OC Probation center on Live Oak Canyon Road at a good stopping place and he indicated that he was not comfortable with the setting... She hoped out and they gone.......

She was convinced

beerchug.gif
stevegm
In front of the garage today. Trying to get her ready for Okteenerfest.
Shadowfax
At my brother's house for a jam session. Been driving it a lot lately even though it's a thousand degrees.
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
At a birthday party escaping the 117° heart index under a shade tree with two of my grandkids. Both are 12 todayClick to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
NutherClick to view attachment
naro914
In the garage
Spent the weekend putting Huey back to "street clothes" after The Hawk and changed his oil.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.