Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 2.0Sold at Barrett Jackson Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Went to Reno yesterday and viewed a '74 2.0 to be auctioned today at no reserve. This was a non-appearance group car with a recent "professional" silver paint job. Seats were upholstered with non-matching cushions, no COA present and no mention of a matching numbers engine. I won't go into further detail as the seller may be a member.
Car sold at auction for $14,000.
boxsterfan
Assuming it had no rust, somebody got a good deal. You couldn't get a car to that state for $14K unless you could do every bit of work yourself....and then it would still be difficult.
Cuda911
^^^ I agree. If it was a decent car, sounds like a low price.
ConeDodger
Probably is a low price since it sold for $15950.00 evilgrin.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2015, 01:21 AM) *

Man there's a whole other thread discussing this, lol. Hammer fell at $14,500. Price shown on the site includes fees...
EdwardBlume
$16K seems right.

Remember, its one comp, and will likely sit in some rich guy's big garage.

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 7 2015, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2015, 01:21 AM) *

Man there's a whole other thread discussing this, lol. Hammer fell at $14,500. Price shown on the site includes fees...

Sounds like the difference between these numbers is that one is the hammer price + the other reflects a 10% buyers premium.
rhodyguy
Yep.
Cal
Looks like it's on the market again at $33K.....which is insane! For this price it should be perfect and have a well documented history.

IMO.....here's a short list of the incorrect items.

- color (sunflower yellow)
- fog / driving lights
- Fuchs
- carpeting
- seat cushions
- stereo
- speaker holes in door cards
- gear shifter
- gauges

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US
euro911
Hell, I'll throw a $5k paint job on the BB if it'll fetch something around $30k laugh.gif
Wdunster
I see a problem with the body work and paint. It's marginal. Look down the sides in the images on Craig's list. Door gaps are off as well. If this car were black it would look horrible. Look at the door color compared to the body. The doors were painted separate from everything else. I could go on, Sorry it's what I do for a living. headbang.gif
era vulgaris
It's got those "edge guard" thingies on the doors which makes the rear most door gap look bigger than it is.
EdwardBlume
This is really a compliment. We all know these cars so well that we can sit back and laugh at a low educated flipper....
Wdunster
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Sep 13 2015, 08:50 AM) *

It's got those "edge guard" thingies on the doors which makes the rear most door gap look bigger than it is.

After a closer look you are correct on that. I will give them one demerit back.
JeffBowlsby
Wow. Does it look to you like they selectively hit the bottom of the engine, HEs and tranny with silver spray paint? Yuck. No pics of the hell hole/longs.

Uh oh...some things may not be as they seem. VIN 4742918231 with silver dot gauges. Hope there is paperwork to back-up the mileage figure claimed.
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 13 2015, 07:12 AM) *

Wow. Does it look to you like they selectively hit the bottom of the engine, HEs and tranny with silver spray paint? Yuck. No pics of the hell hole/longs.

That's what I was thinking when I first saw that. At least they could've cleaned before rattle can painting. happy11.gif
Maltese Falcon
Looks like the aftermarket dash cap has a pronounced cut line, running vertically just to the right of the ashtray. Maybe 2 dash caps mated together ? idea.gif
Agreed, the silver rattle can over- spray under the drive train is most professional.
Evil914
QUOTE(Cal @ Sep 12 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Looks like it's on the market again at $33K.....which is insane! For this price it should be perfect and have a well documented history.

IMO.....here's a short list of the incorrect items.

- color (sunflower yellow)
- fog / driving lights
- Fuchs
- carpeting
- seat cushions
- stereo
- speaker holes in door cards
- gear shifter
- gauges

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US

WOW,only a hundred percent mark-up.I don't even know this guy but for some strange reason I'd like to punch him in the face. happy11.gif
mbseto
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 13 2015, 08:53 AM) *

...sit back and laugh at a low educated flipper....

The skill/education of the flipper is reflected only in the margin he makes.

That's not an endorsement, BTW, just an observation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.