Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proefi 48
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Anyone use this to run their 2.0 engine?
Mike Bellis
Looks like a decent system but it comes with way more features that a T4 2.0 would need. Kind of pricey due to all the added features.

Your best bet before selecting a system is to find a tuner in your area and find out what they typically work on. Even if you can tune yourself, there is nothing like a professional dyno tune. Many tuners will not tune an unfamiliar system.
Stacks914
I can atually pick one up cheap! I am just looking for something that will run the car better than the original system without switching over to twins!

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 8 2015, 09:00 AM) *

Looks like a decent system but it comes with way more features that a T4 2.0 would need. Kind of pricey due to all the added features.

Your best bet before selecting a system is to find a tuner in your area and find out what they typically work on. Even if you can tune yourself, there is nothing like a professional dyno tune. Many tuners will not tune an unfamiliar system.

Mike Bellis
Even microsquirt can run better if tuned correctly. A poorly tuned EFI will run like crap. It all comes down to tuning skill.
Stacks914
Cool thanks for the input. I probably should just bone up the cash and drop it off to the aircooled guy in town! I think its my own ego keeping me from doing that confused24.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Aug 8 2015, 12:08 PM) *

Cool thanks for the input. I probably should just bone up the cash and drop it off to the aircooled guy in town! I think its my own ego keeping me from doing that confused24.gif

I have tuned several including Megasquirt and Haltech. I thought I was pretty good until I had Nate at 034 Motorsport tune my Motronic system. First, I don't have the software to tune the Motronic and they did. The car spent the whole day on the dyno, time included swapping coils and plugs. My motor runs perfect! It runs like a car off the showroom floor. No driveability issues at all, at any rpm, at any load, starts with a turn of the key, no cold start issues, etc...

As versed as I am with tuning, without a dyno tuning for perfection is impossible. Even if I had a dyno it would take days since tuning it's not my day job. It did cost me $1200 for tuning, parts and labor. But it was money well spent. I like it so much that I doubt I will ever tune for myself again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.