Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS--Pair of retractable Seat Belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TJB/914
Pair, Driver & Pass Retractable Seat Belts.
Good condition, just needs some cleaning.
Price $75.00 + Shipping USA
Tom
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I've had (2) PM's for this pair of 914 driver/pass seat belts off a 1974 914. Someone asked do they work smoothly?? They did a long time ago & I just tried them and now they sometimes pull out smooth, then lock up tight??? confused24.gif

I am throwing them away, I can't get them to work smoothly Sorry, off the market. sad.gif I thought they worked properly!!!!!! confused24.gif

Tom
mepstein
Don't throw away. Thy can be lubed, cleaned, ect. Someone will want them. Even just for parts.
zambezi
The inertia mechanism is very picky and must be mounted verticle and have no motion (solidly mounted in vehicle) or they will do just as you describe. Unless you mount them in the car and test them, I would not call them bad.
JPA914
Yeah, just went through this myself when I recently took the belts out of my car.

You CAN get them to retract while removed if you hold the inertia reel level (both fore and aft as well as left to right).
TJB/914
Thanks Guys,

Ok, I'll sell them for half price $40.00 shipped anywhere USA. You lube & clean. w00t.gif aktion035.gif

Tom
Bossman
Interested. PM sent
TJB/914
QUOTE(Bossman @ Aug 8 2015, 10:16 PM) *

Interested. PM sent

Sold to Bossman, I'll ship them out Monday & Thanks

BTW: As a vendor it's difficult to be fair/honest when more than one person is interested & sending PM's.
The rules of the road... First to commit officially with a PM gets them.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.