Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lighter topic.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
On a lighter note, I upholstered the firewall today with felt. I love felt because it's so easy to work and I think it gives a somewhat factory-race-car feel. It's also simple to replace when it gets worn.

It took some patience, but I'm happy with the outcome. Simple, less than $10 and very light.
Series9
And a big moment in any build: the custom plate.
nebreitling
that felt looks VERY nice. i might do that now....

thanks for posting something upbeat. smilie_pokal.gif
MattR
Ahh, thats a great lisence plate!

What material is that on the firewall? It looks good!
scotty b
I love your car Joe. wub.gif I really do. I would marry it but i think that's still illegal in Va. sad.gif How much longer till we get some big pics?
TravisNeff
Looking good Joe, them thingys I gave ya are gonna be sweet on your ride
Series9
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 28 2005, 08:02 PM)
I love your car Joe. wub.gif I really do. I would marry it but i think that's still illegal in Va. sad.gif How much longer till we get some big pics?

The powder coater doing my wheels is f'ing killing my schedule. They're two weeks late.

My painter is also on my shit list in a big way. He still has the rockers, fog light grills and the rear valence and they're a week overdue.

I'm going to CA tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday, so Friday will be the earliest possible outside shots.

Give me about a month to get the car out to a good location for some hi-res pictures.
d914
wait a minute, where did this car crap come from.....???

Car looks great, love the felt, did the same on mine while it still was on the street... When I grow up I hope to buuild one like yours!! beer3.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Feb 28 2005, 08:11 PM)
Looking good Joe, them thingys I gave ya are gonna be sweet on your ride

There will be a picture soon... cool.gif
Eric_Shea
smilie_pokal.gif Looks great Joe!
RON S.
Great looking ride Joe
If your like me,your probably wiping the drool off your chin wanting to drive it by now. biggrin.gif

Ron
Series9
QUOTE (RON S. @ Mar 1 2005, 09:18 AM)
Great looking ride Joe
If your like me,your probably wiping the drool off your chin wanting to drive it by now. biggrin.gif

Ron

It's so close. Famous last words: It should be on the road next week for sure.
joea9146
Looks good... What kind of Carpet are you using (details) ?
How about some details on the type of Felt and how you mounted the Felt to the Firewalll

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.