Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CGT + '76 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Today just stopping in for some gas, noticed a Carrera gt ('05 ?) parked next to a beautiful '76 2.0. Even parked next to this 6 figure car, I still admire the lines and color of this 914. Anyone notice the common sail panels (side profiles anyway) of both roadsters?
Wrapping a CGT like this, well I guess no one could tell me how to spend my Benjamins if it were mine...but someone out there digs it blink.gif Click to view attachment
Mueller
First thing I thought of with the CGT is Speed Racer smile.gif

I'd take 'em both...not really, I couldn't afford to do any repairs or maintenance on the CGT sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
I could afford a CGT easily.... But then I'd have to live in it. lol-2.gif
Kraftwerk
Well parked at least, that little 914 holds its own against the CGT. Both are rather rare specimens from the Porsche stable.
mgp4591
The graphics on the Carrera reminds me of the graphics on an early version of the 918 before production- I also like the way it visually changes the side profile making it alot more rakish rather than blunt on the front end. Interesting treatment...
Dave_Darling
I think that may be a tribute to some race livery from "back in the day".

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 8 2015, 10:47 PM) *

First thing I thought of with the CGT is Speed Racer smile.gif

I'd take 'em both...not really, I couldn't afford to do any repairs or maintenance on the CGT sad.gif

WORD!

I know a guy who bought one new. Within a week, cracked windshield.

Wait for it.

blink.gif $4000.00
Maltese Falcon
makes me wonder where any of these mega$$$ cars go (U.S.A.) for repairs to the carbon fibre body panels, and tubs? idea.gif
EdwardBlume
Mega cars are no fun. 914s rule!
thieuster
So... when you own a car like the GT, why put on the graphic version of flames/go faster stripes? It really pulls down the car. Compared with that, the 914 looks far better, tbh. (imho, that is)

Menno
mepstein
QUOTE(thieuster @ Aug 9 2015, 03:36 AM) *

So... when you own a car like the GT, why put on the graphic version of flames/go faster stripes? It really pulls down the car. Compared with that, the 914 looks far better, tbh. (imho, that is)

Menno

agree.gif makes it look like a cheap kit car.
Maltese Falcon
Being Hollywood, maybe Chip Foose is looking for a wrapped car of this caliber to unwrap on TV biggrin.gif
Wonder if the owner would be happy with the original paint blink.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 8 2015, 09:17 PM) *

The graphics on the Carrera reminds me of the graphics on an early version of the 918 before production ...

IPB Image
dlkawashima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAa-X2G5nA0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.