Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hmmm, did they want to steal my 914 or take parts off of it...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Neighbor that is storing my 914 under a cover in his driveway scared off a Laurel and Hardy looking couple* this morning at 4:30AM

*he is described as tall and skinny, her tallish and big with a spare tire to impress the Michelin man! 90% sure white couple....I have not reviewed my cameras yet and his couldn't get any good pictures due to street light and direction.

Anyway, neighbor was awake when a car pulls up a house away from mine and he sees this couple walk across the street with what appears to be a tool bag, they are headed straight to the 914 (no other cars in the driveway) and once they set foot a few feet from it a motion controlled light on the garage door lights them up...they turn and run back to their car but before they get in my neighbor yells at them and they claim "sorry, wrong house!" ....

Yea, that is why they made a u-turn and sped up the street?!

I think tomorrow I will pop off the turn signals and go thru the interior to make sure nothing that is too easy can be stolen.

Now to really get my tail in gear and make room in my garage for it to be a little safer!
ndfrigi
My cousin who used to live there in antioch had a scirroco with nice wheels. And one morning, when he came out of the house, his car is sitted on a wood and all corner wheels where gone. Well Antioch seems to have this problem. Anyway my cousin has a 73 914 project he is working on during his spare time and he now live in Pittsburg closer to Antioch also.
ConeDodger
Mike...

C'mon! Admit your problem! That car will never run... None of them has ever run. You just like the idea of a 914. smile.gif

So go on... Give the nice people the parts... happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
Car burglary is up along with drug use. Here in Ptown cats are getting cut again. The bitches just flip stuff on CL.
914nola
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2015, 10:09 PM) *

Mike...

C'mon! Admit your problem! That car will never run... None of them has ever run. You just like the idea of a 914. smile.gif

Nice way to crush a man's dreams in one post. smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
Surprising thing to me Mike is your neighborhood is pretty nice. I mean you hear about Antioch being 'thug' and all, but I'd buy a house in your neighborhood in a heartbeat. How can they not realize that there are cameras everywhere in that neighborhood? blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914nola @ Aug 9 2015, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2015, 10:09 PM) *

Mike...

Nice way to crush a man's dreams in one post. smilie_pokal.gif

Crush Mike's dreams? huh.gif Mike has vision, dreams and talent beyond most of us here. My own car has a couple of Mueller Mods. Trouble is, life gets in the way of Mike finishing anything of his own. If he does finish one (he will this time, the twins are older) it will be epic! I'm just teasing him to motivate.

By the way, welcome.png Mike and I have about a decade on you...
Chris914n6
I go out to get the paper one morning and find my Hardbody pass door not closed all the way. So I check the camera recorder.

At the break of dawn a mid 20s hispanic girl in a black s10 parks in front of my house, walks up the driveway, opens the door, looks around a bit. It was mostly gutted so nothing of value. Turns around, looks in the window of the other truck. Walks to the Jeep parked on the street, looks inside. Walks to my neighbors house, looks in his car window. Gets back in her truck and drives off the way she came.

Few hours later a girl looking like her, grey hoodie and all, pulls up in a different car 4 houses away and hangs with the latinos there for a couple hours. A few days later they're evicted.

Looking for a better shot of the s10, I notice a few days before this a white SUV that frequents that house stopped across the street for 10-15 minutes for no good reason.

Since the recession my hood has gone to the renters and squatters. Can't leave anything of value outdoors, that includes the back yard too.

Then there's the little crap. I had a hispanic man on a bike start stealing the Sunday paper. He quit when I left a special one with donations from the cat.

Mike- locking car cover.
euro911
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 9 2015, 09:49 PM) *
Then there's the little crap. I had a hispanic man on a bike start stealing the Sunday paper. [b]He quit when I left a special one with donations from the cat.
happy11.gif
ripper911
I hate thrives! ar15.gif
Cairo94507
A good hi-resolution digital security camera and lighting and turn that footage over to the burglary detectives at your local PD. I hate these dirt bag thugs.
blackmoon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 8 2015, 11:09 PM) *

Mike...

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.