Full Version: VIDEO - 1st test drive - rusty tank - tow home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3fsi33u7o
poorsche914
Been there dry.gif

driving.gif
jimkelly
one thing I noticed when being pulled back to home, was a clunking feel/sound on the front. I wonder if it was flat spots in my tires from sitting so long or in me bearings?
dangerranger01
That was painful to watch. Especially when she said "this is not a hobby." But she is right, it is a way of life drunk.gif
Also why I always carry a cell phone so I don't have to do that walk of shame
rhodyguy
"why is she slowing down?", "don't slow down", "good". was this before the tank pull? i noted the filter sock was no where to be seen in the other yucky tank thread. was it never there? flush the fuel line. was this car out of the way north coast of california?
jimkelly
i normally have my cell phone always, but i had just put in on charge, bad timing : (

video was of before tank pull. better tank will get modded this week and installed this weekend. all should be good then.
Bob L.
you should keep that Razor scooter in the 914 as a "dingy" biggrin.gif

Been there.
Steve
Been there too!! It was when I was in my late teens and early twenty's. My dad towed me home with a broken clutch cable another time with a broken CV joint and another time with a broken fuel line. There was a fountain of gas above the motor. So surprised it didn't catch fire. Now I have a cell phone and a AAA card.
Garland
So alike, in so many ways. i think most of us can relate.
jimkelly
tank nipples modified for my single carb set up.
JawjaPorsche
Thankfully the 914 is light and can be easily pushed! Been there and done it many times! sad.gif
bfrymire
uhmm. you welded on a gas tank? I thought that was a no-no? (Boom!)
jimkelly
we flushed the shit out of it with argon and kept flushing it during welding. also it was sitting on a shelf for about 1 year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.