Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cable shift.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
Looking to upgrade my v8 conversion to a cable shift. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel I found a company that produces a kit. Cableshift.com. A bit pricey but complete.
Does anyone have experence with this?
Thanks
David
whitetwinturbo
PO installed cable shift to inverted 930/4sp from below company. Seems to work well but I have not driven very far yet.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I haven't tried the cableshift.com unit but it looks well engineered and at $500 is a decent value. If you fabricate your own it will be cheaper unless you put a price to your time. @ $50 per hour of your own time you will quickly exceed the price point. You can buy Boxster cables and shifter and fab up the rear linkage but it's not for a beginner. I have done this twice. Once with Boxster stuff and once with push pull cables and a Fiero shifter. The Boxster version works way better but new cable from the dealer are $400 pair. used cable can be had cheap but there is a reason people sell used cables, they replaced them with new.
Maltese Falcon
Controlcables.com
Santa Fe Springs, in Southern Ca.
They are local and offered good service for my custom v8 /gt2 trans cable shifter.
Marty
dwillouby
I think I will order the kit. I figure my time and sourcing parts it would be best to use something allready sorted out.
I thougnt my car shifted fine untill I got my Mini Cooper. Now it seems like a tractor.
andys
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 9 2015, 04:12 PM) *

Controlcables.com
Santa Fe Springs, in Southern Ca.
They are local and offered good service for my custom v8 /gt2 trans cable shifter.
Marty

Can't say enough about Control Cables Inc. Been using them for years. They use Tuthill/Cablecraft components.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.