Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 (6) full and fresh nut and bolt restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
adiokyro
hello this is a freshly restored and rodded 1973 914 2.0. It now has a fresh 2.7 with head work, 'e' cams, and triple throat webers. it is clean clean clean clean.
every bolt was removed, all rust cut out and fresh metal welded in, chassis stiffened, full body inside and out epoxy sealed and them coated in PPG enviro base multi stage Porsche factory 'lime green'. undercarriage, engine compartment, etc coated in same paint but with rock chip additive. the body was all done in metal, there are zero dents of any kind. there are some subtle mods, things shaved, etc done to the body, all in metal.
all 911 front suspension with elephant racing sphericals, fully adjustable strut tops, koi adjustable struts, 911 drilled vented rotors aluminum fully restored pmb 911s calipers, all parts freshly powedercoated, the bottom of the car looks just as good as the top. out back are ground control adjustable coilovers, koni externally adjustable shocks, pmb freshly restored 916 aluminum calipers. as well as patrick motorsports boxed trailing arms.
transmission is close ratio with 'm' and 's' gears, guard limited slip, and a billet intermediate plate.
wheels are fully restored polished 16x6 fuchs.
all latches have been replated. all chrome is either brand new or freshly replated. glass is new all rubber new.
intereior is totally insane all new fiberglass panels covered in alcantara, including the dash. the door cards and seats are black leather with thick german houndstooth inserts. it has RS straps for the inside door latches and the interior is stripped and spartan.
the car is totally insane. have about 120k into it. id say thats conservative.
it needs to go to a 914 lover. more pics and info to come. taking offers in the 30k range.
cheers

mepstein
Looks like an amazing build at an almost giveaway price. I would show some pics of the engine, trunks and under the car. I'm sure they looks as nice as what you've shown already. GLWTS.
Nemisus
Ive seen this car in person!

At 30k price range who ever gets it will not be disappointed!

However corny this might sound... this car gave me goose bumps when I first layed eyes on it!

GLWS!

Cheers

Nemi
jss297
PM Sent
Cairo94507
PLEASE post more pictures of this beautiful car. I really like what I see so far. GLWTS!
sb914
I wish I had the green back$,someone needs to grab this car (quick)
iwanta914-6
I'm sure people would love to see pics from the restoration process too.

Anyone have $30k to loan me interest free? tongue.gif
Nemisus
in a perfect world I wouldn't have bought the rust bucket 74.... then wouldn't of had to locate a nicer tub replace the 74! Then I might be able to afford this beauty.... key world might and not realistic!

Although if none of the previous two didn't happen, I would have never seen this car in the first place... hissyfit.gif At least I have an idea on what I'd like my car to look like. That interior just pops!

BUMP for sale of a real nice car!
Cuda911
Are the door panels back in? (Looks like they are out in one of the pix, but I think that pic is during the rebuild). Do you have any dyno data? Do you still have the chrome trim for the sail panel area? Is the top original or painted body color?

Thx.
napasteve
This is a very nice car. I watched Mark and Tim build it. Incredible work. Here is a pic of the car at the paint shop (Altissimo Restoration in American Canyon):

Click to view attachment

Here is a jack point pic at Original Customs:

Click to view attachment
914 iv
Very nice 914. Are photo's of build im asking because door panels missing and no seat belts.
adiokyro
hello-
thanks for your nice comments--the car is totally complete----interior was completetly finished by aces high in santa rosa--door panels are installed and RS straps functional.
i do have some pics from the resto process--i will dig those up---i will also take detailed pics of entire car and post them in about a week--ive sent the car in for a PPI/ comb over, so right when it gets back---
but thank you very much for the kind words, it was a tough process
adiokyro
people seem like they want a cost breakdown here is a general one with $$ im sure left out:

Car: 6500
Strip-down, rust repair, chassis stiffening: 12000
Media-blasting/metal work/paint: 20000
Full drivetrain 20000
Assembly/dialing in labor 30000
Suspension/brakes/wheel Parts: restored polished fuchs , tires, fully refurbished 911 suspension, brakes, Patrick trailing arms, 5 lug conversion, all bearings/brackets/nuts/bolts/ground control rear/pmb restored 911 ā€˜sā€™ calipers
interior parts and labor: 8500
exterior parts/chrome/lights: 7000

The whole thing was an unpleasant experience for me so perhaps that's why i would sustain such a loss---still i am hesitant to sell--but right person/right money will decide
cheers

Cuda911
Why do you say "unpleasant"? Must have been a work of love, I would guess.

Curious, why would you do all that work and spend all that $$ and then want to sell it?

Anyway, I may be interested in the car. I'd make a few mods though.
matthepcat
OK I will revise this comment. Beautiful car, great build, thing of passion to build to this cost on a non-6 chassis. Please charge more.

Someone is certainly getting a steal if the project cost was as advertised.
87m491
And yet it seems like you already did....

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 12 2015, 08:40 PM) *

Umm.... no comment.

adiokyro
QUOTE(87m491 @ Aug 13 2015, 01:42 AM) *

And yet it seems like you already did....

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 12 2015, 08:40 PM) *

Umm.... no comment.

there's always some f on forums
adiokyro
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 12 2015, 09:31 PM) *

Why do you say "unpleasant"? Must have been a work of love, I would guess.

Curious, why would you do all that work and spend all that $$ and then want to sell it?

Anyway, I may be interested in the car. I'd make a few mods though.

Oh i suppose you are correct--Id say it was both for a lot of reasons--inherent to the car hobby is passion, excitement, disapointment, anger, frustration, happiness, and so on.
i was not being sharp enough and was ripped off a few times in the 2 year process--so im a little bitter is all. id say yes there are a few mods that would be nice---
bottom line is that its an awesome car.
914outlaw
Beautiful car. I'd say hold on to it and enjoy it. Values have been increasing. If your restoration is really well documented, I'd say that there is someone out there with deep pockets. And then there is the European market. 30K seems really low. Just my $.02. Good luck with the sale.
Mblizzard
Dude! Green is not my color but if I had i,t I would hand you $30k right now! A work of art!
Cairo94507
That $30K would cost me a butt-load more when my wife pulled into the garage and saw it sitting there and realized it was not my Six.... Despite that I had an argument with myself trying to convince myself that at that price, I could just not say no. Then reality set in...without a home I would be sleeping in it and have no place to park my Six. blink.gif

Damn it - I forgot and commented on a FS add. Sorry beer.gif
adiokyro
QUOTE(dpires914 @ Aug 13 2015, 04:47 PM) *

Beautiful car. I'd say hold on to it and enjoy it. Values have been increasing. If your restoration is really well documented, I'd say that there is someone out there with deep pockets. And then there is the European market. 30K seems really low. Just my $.02. Good luck with the sale.

thank you!!! appreciate it! its true when i drive it I'm thinking 'I'm selling this why?'
adiokyro
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 12 2015, 09:40 PM) *

OK I will revise this comment. Beautiful car, great build, thing of passion to build to this cost on a non-6 chassis. Please charge more.

Someone is certainly getting a steal if the project cost was as advertised.

thanks dude ; )

adiokyro
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 13 2015, 05:12 PM) *

Dude! Green is not my color but if I had i,t I would hand you $30k right now! A work of art!

thanks!!
adiokyro
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 13 2015, 07:27 PM) *

That $30K would cost me a butt-load more when my wife pulled into the garage and saw it sitting there and realized it was not my Six.... Despite that I had an argument with myself trying to convince myself that at that price, I could just not say no. Then reality set in...without a home I would be sleeping in it and have no place to park my Six. blink.gif

Damn it - I forgot and commented on a FS add. Sorry beer.gif

hahahahahaha!!! i had a girlfriend when building it and do not now....come to think of it, if your wife leaves you, you could have her move out, hence will have space for both cars.
Cairo94507
Clearly, you have never met my wife.....
Mueller
Damn that is a nice car, I know we are not supposed to comment on ads!

It is not even my car and I'm pissed that it has not sold at that price!

Anyway, good luck and someone will be getting a killer deal that will make most of us jealous....hmmm, wondering if I have enough junk the garage and office to sell and make $30K+? My Curta calculator, a CNC mill, a lathe, a ?? hahaha

adiokyro
hello everyone--
my apologies for not returning some calls and emails--there are about 3-4 people seriously interested---i should have waited to post the car until AFTER i got it back from the inspection. idea.gif
for now i will just say that we found some 'errors' in the assembly particularly of the suspension. so dropped it back out and reassembled correctly, now am corner balancing etc so it will be 100% awesome.
also, the exhaust diameter did not properly fit the engine and the jetting, so this week proper diameter new headers are going on and i anticipate the car being ready for sale at the end of this week. i also anticipate me driving it all weekend cheer.gif
best is probably to text me 510-205-9539
a lot of questions about what 30k range means, which is understandable.
it means "30k and above" offers from cool, friendly, car freaks.
piratenanner.gif
RFoulds
I have told everyone I know ho is looking for a car that this is the one to buy. You can buy it now, or buy it 3 years form now for $55k
adiokyro
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Aug 25 2015, 04:15 PM) *

I have told everyone I know ho is looking for a car that this is the one to buy. You can buy it now, or buy it 3 years form now for $55k

thank you!!! should be available for actual sale tomorrow
RFoulds

[/quote]

thank you!!! should be available for actual sale tomorrow
[/quote]

Is this car still available??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.