Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to securely instal late bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
So it's time to reinstall the bumper of my '75. Is there a thread that explained how to do it or could I get some suggestions on how to, or even a diagram?

Thanks in advance,
Finn
maf914
The Haynes 914 Manual, pages 192-196, has pretty good illustrations and directions for the 75-76 style bumper installations. The Porsche 914 factory manual and PET part catalog also cover this in even more detail.

Here is one source, no affiliation:

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-4-cylinder-A...ords=914+haynes
gms
front bumper
Click to view attachment
gms
Rear Bumper
Click to view attachment
dudzy's914
Thank you for all of the help,
Does anybody know what the correct specs of the bolts that secure the bumper to the shock are? And where can I find the plastic pins that hold the top of the bumper down?

Thanks,
Finn
Steve
I would place a wtb add. You can also try the dealer or if your desperate auto atlanta
Mikey914
Classifieds camp914 914LTD you'll find some.
rhodyguy
item #3 (the # is cut off in the above picture) reads Bolt, Hex Hd M12x1.5x55 in my old ** catalog. there should also be a spacer the bolt lives in that goes between the prongs on the front end of the bumper shock. i imagine bruce stone might have some of both.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.