Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedro Rodriguez own or race a 914/6 or GT.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michel
I've been doing a bit of research ( ineffectively) on Pedro Rodriguez or any of the brothers, been involved in either racing and or owning a 914/6 or GT. I cannot find any reference, though I have been talking to someone who is adamant the Rodriguez brothers did?

Anyone have info?

Cheers michel
gms
QUOTE(Michel @ Aug 10 2015, 10:02 AM) *

I've been doing a bit of research ( ineffectively) on Pedro Rodriguez or any of the brothers, been involved in either racing and or owning a 914/6 or GT. I cannot find any reference, though I have been talking to someone who is adamant the Rodriguez brothers did?

Anyone have info?

Cheers michel

In 1970 Porsche prepared some 908/3s to race at the Targa Florio race in Italy (and the Nurburgring) in practice the factory drivers used 914/6 GTs.
Michel
Thx. Did some looking, though no reference or picture linking Rodriguez to a 914/6 GT?

Keep on looking
damesandhotrods
Considering that Pedro Rodriguez was driving 908-3s and 917s for John Wyer, I don’t think you will find anything other than the Targa Florio practice in a 914-6 GT…
Vysoc
There is footage of Brian Redman driving recon on the Targa Floria in the late sixties.

Search for it on You Yube it is very entertaining.

Vysoc flag.gif
lalee914
Have you looked at http://www.racingsportscars.com/ You can search for Pedro Rodriguez racing record to see what races he entered, what cars he drove and what his finishing results were.

Michel
thx guys - ill have a squiz. If not raced, curious also if ever owned a 914-6 or GT or any of his brothers
Dion
From "Emotion Porsche" 1951-1976 book.
Michel
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Aug 10 2015, 04:06 PM) *

Have you looked at http://www.racingsportscars.com/ You can search for Pedro Rodriguez racing record to see what races he entered, what cars he drove and what his finishing results were.

checked the site - doesn't list rodriguez?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Michel @ Aug 10 2015, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(lalee914 @ Aug 10 2015, 04:06 PM) *

checked the site - doesn't list rodriguez?

http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/arc...riguez-MEX.html
oldschool
Thats one Story I would love to read more about...
gms
Here he is driving a GT
Click to view attachment
gms
and another
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
From opening day at Riverside International Raceway September 1957,
left to right: Pedro Rodriguez, Don Pedro Rodriguez (Pedro+Ricardo's Dad),
Rudy Cleye, Ricardo Rodriguez, and E. Forbes Robinson. On opening day Ricardo stunned the crowd by winning the under-1,500-cc class in a Porsche Spyder.

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
This lineup at Riverside International Raceway July 1959, Front to rear:
Josie von Neumann #112 Ferrari 250 TR (finished 14th), #211 Richie Ginther's 412 MI (winner), #5 Pedro Rodriguez' 250 TR (dnf), #3 Ricardo Rodriguez' Porsche RSK (5th). After Ginther's 1st place, Porsche RSK'S also took 2nd, 3rd, 4th driving.gif
Click to view attachment
maddin
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 12 2015, 01:18 PM) *

He makes a 914 look big....
gms
QUOTE(maddin @ Aug 12 2015, 02:37 AM) *

av-943.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 12 2015, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(maddin @ Aug 12 2015, 02:37 AM) *

av-943.gif

Looks like when I drive av-943.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 11 2015, 09:55 PM) *

From opening day at Riverside International Raceway September 1957,
left to right: Pedro Rodriguez, Don Pedro Rodriguez (Pedro+Ricardo's Dad),
Rudy Cleye, Ricardo Rodriguez, and E. Forbes Robinson. On opening day Ricardo stunned the crowd by winning the under-1,500-cc class in a Porsche Spyder.

Click to view attachment

Wow is that a cactus Trophy.......Go Figure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.