Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Friday August 14th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I am planing on being there on Friday. Who else is going? driving.gif

http://www.werksreunion.com

Mike Bellis
Not me.

I made it to the inaugural, first time ever event and thought it was kind of lame. Nice cars and all but they stuffed all the 914's and Boxsters in the back of the field, so close together you could barley walk between cars. All the 911's and 356's had plenty of room to roam.

Clearly the event was catered to the wine and cheese crowd. There were very nice cars (Jerry Seinfeld and the like) but not my cup of tea. I would rather hang with low life, scum bag 914 owners like me.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 10 2015, 04:03 PM) *
I would rather hang with low life, scum bag 914 owners like me.

agree.gif biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Da Boss and I should be there. In her red 911SC.

--DD
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 10 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Da Boss and I should be there. In her red 911SC.

--DD

I talked my wife into going. We are driving to So Cal, so I am aiming to get there early, like 7 or 8 am. Plan to take the back road to Greenfield for lunch, then 101 for the next 5 hours. No teener, though. Focus ST has A/ C.
dlkawashima
I went last year and was going to pass on this one, but my wife wanted to go, so I just signed up. She wants to check out the 968s. Looks like there will be about 14-15 914s this year, about the same as last year.

Regarding the event, I'm on the fence about it ... probably not so harsh a critic as Mike, but I do agree it's not for everyone. If you're on the fence on this one vs. Rennsport V, no question about it: Rennsport V is not to be missed.
MartyYeoman
I can't make it this time. Too much happening on the work scene... Maybe next time. Although I kinda agree with Mike's assessment. Marty
jcd914
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Aug 10 2015, 04:44 PM) *

this one vs. Rennsport V, no question about it: Rennsport V is not to be missed.

agree.gif
This is my thinking!
matthepcat
I enjoyed the event last year but the traffic made it not worth it. Looking to do some other events this weekend.
Ferg
Not this year. Rennsport next month not driving west twice
Dtjaden
I'll be there around 10:30. Staying with friends in Pebble Beach Friday night and will be at Laguna Seca on Saturday in the PCA corral.
Hank914
I should be in state this weekend so I might go down for it. I'll bring my 914 but I don't want to stand around showing it. I wanna be free to roam around all the other cars. Have never been to one of these before. Where to park? How much does it cost?
Dave_Darling
You sign up through motorsportreg.com . Parking in the "corral" is $40; entering the car show is more. I think it's free to spectate, but parking may be very difficult to find.

--DD
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 11 2015, 03:00 PM) *

You sign up through motorsportreg.com . Parking in the "corral" is $40; entering the car show is more. I think it's free to spectate, but parking may be very difficult to find.

--DD

Parking in the corral is now $50 (they tacked on a $10 late fee). I just looked at the registration list and it shows 690 cars registered, so it looks like there are about 10 spots left.
Hank914
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Aug 11 2015, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 11 2015, 03:00 PM) *

--DD

Parking in the corral is now $50 (they tacked on a $10 late fee). I just looked at the registration list and it shows 690 cars registered, so it looks like there are about 10 spots left.

Thanks!

$50 to park with the beautiful people!
I have a Porsche, look at how cool I am, I park in the special lot!! LOL!!

Might be worth it if there is a shortage of spots, though!

My car is not "show-worthy", so it has to be parked somewhere. But $50??
Whatever!
914_teener
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Aug 10 2015, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Aug 10 2015, 04:44 PM) *

this one vs. Rennsport V, no question about it: Rennsport V is not to be missed.

agree.gif
This is my thinking!

agree.gif

+3

Had dinner with some nice folks from the 356 registry at the WCR. The guy acutally used to own a 914, his first Porsche..so he said.

When we went to the event the next day......they barely paid any attention to us..like we smelled like bad fish, with his lawn chair and poodle.

Dave_Darling
Here's a webpage about it:

https://www.pca.org/event/2015-04-24/werks-reunion-2015

That says that spectator parking is $10. Haven't heard anything about an extra fee for the corral.

--DD
LeftCoastErik
I'm a maybe. My 55 Buick is at the JR Auction on cannery row. If it isn't running on Friday, I'll head down in the 914. Otherwise I'll be in the truck so I can grab my trailer
carreraguy
I'll be there - I got drafted as a judge; too bad I'm judging 911s instead of Teeners!
Hope to see you guys there!
Cfletch
Going there, not sure what time. No Porsche this year, will be taking a yellow lotus europa, see you guys there.
blackmoon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 10 2015, 04:03 PM) *

Not me.

I made it to the inaugural, first time ever event and thought it was kind of lame. Nice cars and all but they stuffed all the 914's and Boxsters in the back of the field, so close together you could barley walk between cars. All the 911's and 356's had plenty of room to roam.

Clearly the event was catered to the wine and cheese crowd. There were very nice cars (Jerry Seinfeld and the like) but not my cup of tea. I would rather hang with low life, scum bag 914 owners like me.

agree.gif
stevegm
Anybody go to the Werks Reunion and get good 914 photos? If so can you PM me. We are looking for photos.
Cfletch
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 23 2015, 08:13 AM) *

Anybody go to the Werks Reunion and get good 914 photos? If so can you PM me. We are looking for photos.

I went, I counted about 5 I think. Didn't get any photos of them though.
dlkawashima
There were at least 10 at the event, but I left just after mid-day, so maybe a few more showed up later. Guess where they put the 914s? There are seven in the picture below.
This is about the halfway point in the corral (about 700 Porsches signed up), and yes, even the Cayennes got preferred parking over the 914s.
We would have been a lot closer to the action had we simply parked in the lot adjacent to the event.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.