Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.0 Lives - AGAIN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Came in this morning @ 0400 and started making the rod bearings... By 10 Am Brent rolled in...

We tag teamed it and assembled it in 12 hours, now its purring like a Kitten on steroids behind me in the dyno cell...

Blew her up on Friday afternoon and fired her on Monday night!!!

We kicked serious ass today.... I just hope like hell that none of my other "trial settings" decide to let go on me this time around!

Looking for 260 ponies tomorrow!
rick 918-S
Jake, make us a sound file! aktion035.gif
seanery
I wish I could do the things you do!
Jake Raby
Sean, I wish I could do what you do!!!

This shit is easy- Its just repetition, trial and error..
rick 918-S
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 28 2005, 09:01 PM)
I wish I could do the things you do!

I wish I could do what you do! Photo shop and stuff Rock!
PatW
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Feb 28 2005, 08:56 PM)

Looking for 260 ponies tomorrow!

Well
Jake Raby
I think that 260 is a reasonable expectation for this first time around... I still have mondo developments to apply to the heads and the entire combo...

This time next year I hope to have a Turbo version making 400 streetable ponies.. It will retain the stroke but lose some bore size for added strength.

I'd like to find some teener out there with a serious car that would be willing to stuff one of these beasts in SCCA or PCA in some class. I don't have time to race!
JoeSharp
I'd love to run a 3.0 in my A/X car. Would I need slicks?
biggrin.gif Joe
Jake Raby
I think it would take more than tires... we are talking 250 lb ft of torque too!
JmuRiz
Sounds great, keep us up to date. I guess you all got a lot of work done w/o all the questions from the Shoptalk forum....since it's down, haha (unless it's just me that can't see it).
Jake Raby
I have already had like 10 people wanting to buy these 3 liter engines!!!

I have decided to only build one more- Thats it..... One of a kind!

Yeah, the STF is down- again..
Joe Ricard
Well, Won't the Supercharged M3 roaster coupe be suprised if I show up to the event with that monster hiding under the hood.
SCCA SM-2 Your motor would put me solidly into to class. instead of the lower end.
I'm Catching him the way it is with all my suspension mods.

So Jake put my name is the pool for a test mule. Looking at at least 10-15 more autocrosses this year. Already got 3 done. I drive 180 miles to the event race and then 180 mles back home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.