Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congratulations to my friend David Chapman!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Congratulations to my friend. I just received my first on-line copy of the magazine and to my surprise I see David's car. Many of you have never seen this well sorted and tested 914. I have to tell you photos do not do it justice. If you ever have a chance to see the car close up take the time to study the detail that went into the build. David is an artist and it extends to all things he does. Way to go!
stevegm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 10 2015, 09:35 PM) *

Congratulations to my friend. I just received my first on-line copy of the magazine and to my surprise I see David's car. Many of you have never seen this well sorted and tested 914. I have to tell you photos do not do it justice. If you ever have a chance to see the car close up take the time to study the detail that went into the build. David is an artist and it extends to all things he does. Way to go!

I agree. An absolutely amazing car. I wish we had more space to write longer articles. That is one that could (should) have been 3 times as long, with many more photos.
iamchappy
I cant fit my golf clubs in the trunk though........ mad.gif
Chris H.
Totally agree. It's a dream six conversion. The build thread is epic. For anyone who hasn't seen it since the car has been done for a while take a look:

Chappy build thread

So many obstacles overcome and so much hard work and ingenuity was put into that thing. Look at all the great added touches like the gas filler door, the brake cooling ducts, built in fire extinguisher system, the way the rear spoiler is vented to relieve the intercooler heat, door sill plates,...etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I like that black car too Rick thumb3d.gif .
TJB/914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 10 2015, 09:49 PM) *

Hi Chappy,
I'll tell another story about you stirthepot.gif
You are a famous Wildlife Artist!!
I have a few of your signed wildlife prints soon to be hanging in my office.
They are special and appreciated by me. pray.gif
Attached is my turkey special happy11.gif
Tom
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif it......
iamchappy
Damn nice things you guys are saying about me and my car, enough said....I'm just a 914 guy like all of you and I admire all creative work done on all the cars, so many great builds still going on and on, the madness never ends and it's so much fun to watch....
carr914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 10 2015, 09:49 PM) *

Your Dad needs a Moving Van for that one Driver he has!

Congrats Chap!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.