Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visor Rebuild service GB Need 10 sets to do at $115
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mikey914
Looking at another run of visors to recover $110 a set in vinyl naked or with flap and pocket, but need 12 sets to do this. Many happy customers, and better than $300+ for a decent set of visors.

Who's interested?

You will need to send in a stripped core (we can strip for $25 more), and we will recover. Shipping is not included in the cost.

-Mark
wes
I'm in for a set!
LukeD
Can you clarify what a "stripped core" is, like do I just unstitch or peal off the current material?
mepstein
You just cut the vinyl with a sharp knife and peel off the frame. 3 minutes.
Cuda911
That's my car in Mikey914's post. His re-covered visors look fantastic in the car. You guys will love them.

Take off your old puffy visors, cut off all the vinyl, throw away the nasty crumbled up foam core, and just send him the wire frames.

Tip: Keep the original screws used to mount the visors onto the pins. They screw into the clips on the wire frame better than replacement screws, so that you can adequately tighten the visors onto the pins.

Another view of the visors (old vs new):
daraho9146
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 11 2015, 10:21 AM) *

That's my car in Mikey914's post. His re-covered visors look fantastic in the car. You guys will love them.

Take off your old puffy visors, cut off all the vinyl, throw away the nasty crumbled up foam core, and just send him the wire frames.

Tip: Keep the original screws used to mount the visors onto the pins. They screw into the clips on the wire frame better than replacement screws, so that you can adequately tighten the visors onto the pins.

Another view of the visors (old vs new):

I'll take a set.
PM sent

Dan
Mikey914
QUOTE(LukeD @ Aug 10 2015, 10:53 PM) *

Can you clarify what a "stripped core" is, like do I just unstitch or peal off the current material?

Yep. A bit messy to do and it's just easier to get them ready to go. The $25 extra charge is because we really don't want to do it. You can't hurt anything, just take a knife and slit the edges.

mark
mepstein
I'll take a naked set
Kansas 914
1 set for me.

Mark, You are going make me come out of retirement!
bandjoey
Very good quality. Only suggestion is to cut the top outside area lower the thick stitching makes it difficult to get the a targa latches through. Se the above old vs new pictures and how the old has more spacing.

Do not let this keep u from ordering. I was in the original buy and happy. These are good quality and worth the money!
913B
Put me down for a set
aharder
I'm in for a set, Missed the first round so I don't want to miss this one.
db9146
I need this. When do we send the stripped cores and the payment?
oakpark
I'm in for mine. Concours season is over at the end of October and then I'd like to send them. Would that be ok?
Jett
I'll take a set, please send further instruction.

Cheers
Mikey914
QUOTE(oakpark @ Aug 11 2015, 08:41 PM) *

I'm in for mine. Concours season is over at the end of October and then I'd like to send them. Would that be ok?

May want to round up a spare set, otherwise ever one will be waiting on you. Camp 914, Mark Epstine, rhodyguy, Brad Mayer. The usual suspects should have a few laying around.

I'll set these up to process through the site that way there will be an order. Just need a few more to open it up. Looks like it will happen, may be a few more days.
Mark
JoeD
I'm in.
914Next
I'm in if I can find a spare set to rebuild. Posted a wtb in that forum. If anyone has a set to sell pls let me know.

AZ914
I'm in.. meant to do the last run but somehow lost track of it.. thanks Mark.
pvollma
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 12 2015, 12:12 AM) *

I'll set these up to process through the site that way there will be an order. Just need a few more to open it up. Looks like it will happen, may be a few more days.
Mark

I'm in for a set. Please post a link to the updated page on your site, as the current group buy page there lists a price of $180. Thanks!
relentless
I'm in if I can find a spare set.
dlee6204
I'm in for a set
Sbradley@netins.net
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 10 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Looking at another run of visors to recover $110 a set in vinyl naked or with flap and pocket, but need 12 sets to do this. Many happy customers, and better than $300+ for a decent set of visors.

Who's interested?

You will need to send in a stripped core (we can strip for $25 more), and we will recover. Shipping is not included in the cost.

-Mark

so I am new to the 914 world. just bought a 72 1.7 which is in need of a complete restoration. I am interested in the visors. please let me know where to send the visors.
Steve
crawler
Put me on the list.
Blue6
I'm in also.....
RoadGlue
OK, I'm in for a naked set.
MJHanna
I'm in for a set
mepstein

May want to round up a spare set, otherwise ever one will be waiting on you. Camp 914, Mark Epstine, rhodyguy, Brad Mayer. The usual suspects should have a few laying around.

Mark

I do have a set of cores and maybe a 2nd set. I found one but havent found the match yet. maybe this weekend. PM me if you'd like to buy. $40 includes shipping to 914 rubber with your name on it. Cores are in good condition and will be stripped to bare frame.
wes
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 13 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Mark

I do have a set of cores and maybe a 2nd set. I found one but havent found the match yet. maybe this weekend. PM me if you'd like to buy. $40 includes shipping to 914 rubber with your name on it. Cores are in good condition and will be stripped to bare frame.

Is that aimed at anyone in particular if not I'm in for one set.
mepstein
QUOTE(wes @ Aug 13 2015, 11:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 13 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Mark

Is that aimed at anyone in particular if not I'm in for one set.

Sent you pm
flipb
Mark,

Please count me in. My original visors live in the front trunk... just having them mounted, I usually end up getting foam dust everywhere. Look forward to restoring to functionality.

Shredhead
I'm in.
Mikey914
Look's like we can do this. I'll keep the thread open for another week or so. I know I always seem to miss someone.
The cores can be mailed to :
914Rubber.com
21300 NW Cornell RD PO Box 6
Hillsboro, OR 97124

You will need to strip or the fee will apply.

I'll open up the GB on the site shortly, so you will need to identify your shipment so I can match them up when I open it up.

RoadGlue
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 14 2015, 01:45 PM) *

Look's like we can do this. I'll keep the thread open for another week or so. I know I always seem to miss someone.
914Rubber.com
Hillsboro, OR 97124

I'll open up the GB on the site shortly, so you will need to identify your shipment so I can match them up when I open it up.

piratenanner.gif

Awesome, I'll send my cores out next week. Thanks for putting this together Mike!
Blue6
As soon as I get the car back, I'll send them up. Thank you for the group buy effort, mine look like $hit....
crawler
Do we send you $ with the visor core,or pay you when you ship them back?
Mikey914
QUOTE(crawler @ Aug 14 2015, 03:43 PM) *

Do we send you $ with the visor core,or pay you when you ship them back?

I just need to identify who's is who's.
You will need to place the online. I just finished opening it up.
http://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-visor-re...m?categoryId=-1

Us the print and call method for payment if you want to use a check. We do not cash checks until they ship. PLEASE, if you can include a copy of the invoice or invoice number so I can process in order. It will be about 2 weeks before we start, ans these will take a few weeks to complete. The option for plain or pocket is there as well as leather, if you are so inclined.
chummasteve
im in too sent # and name
Mikey914
QUOTE(Sbradley@netins.net @ Aug 12 2015, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 10 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Who's interested?

-Mark

so I am new to the 914 world. just bought a 72 1.7 which is in need of a complete restoration. I am interested in the visors. please let me know where to send the visors.
Steve

Address for shipping is
914 rubber.com
Attn Mark Whitesell
21300 NE Cornell Rd PO box 6
Hillsboro OR 97124

RoadGlue
Paid. Thanks again Mark! I'll send my stripped visors in next week.
wes
Paid and Mark 914name "mepstein" will send them to you. thanks wes.
RoadGlue
(edited - taken care of, thanks Steve!)
relentless
I sent off the metal frames yesterday. I couldn't believe how the original foam had turned into powder, no wonder they looked deflated.

Thanks again for doing this for us!
913B
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 14 2015, 01:45 PM) *

914Rubber.com
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Just double checking was that Cornell Rd or PO Box 6 ?
Visors will be going in the mail.

Thanks
Mikey914
We have a PO box at Cornell rd and if it's UPS unit 904.

1 set has shown up so far
Blue6
I sent them yesterday. Post office said Cornell rd address and the PO box, were to different zip codes.....
Mikey914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Aug 20 2015, 10:32 PM) *

I sent them yesterday. Post office said Cornell rd address and the PO box, were to different zip codes.....

same place 40 ft apart both 97124
mepstein
Got mine today -(mikey had a pair of naked in stock)
Great product - as usual.

You should have Wes and my cores today or tomorrow.
e_artiles
Is it too late to get in on this GB?
Mikey914
No not too late it's still going.
I have it set up on the site -

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-visor-rebuil...e-GB-914VRB.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.