Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anybody have a picture of a 914 painted any matte colors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
funk
I know it has become a bit trendy to paint a car with a matte finish but I am curious to see one that is done proper?? I see a few black matte 914s that look like they were painted primer black but none with a nice dark blue metallic matte or matte green? anybody?? I am having the most difficult time choosing a color and the original silver may be to blazzay? Even if you don't have matte show some tasteful 914 paint jobs not in the 914 paint range like maybe ossi blue or dolphin grey? anybody help?
falcor75
https://instagram.com/p/5k8glwszVg/?taken-by=leftcoasterik

Check leftcoasteric's account on instagram...
ehokana
Check online for m3's and new Mercedes- seems like the matte finishes are common on them now. I think the velosters have a matter paint option now too even. The ones I have seen look really cool, but, man they seem like a lot of work.

May I suggest doing a regular metallic paint that is a few shades off of the original silver? I went with mineral grey metallic on mine and couldn't be happier. It is close enough to original for my liking, and is not nearly as 'blah' as the silver metallic.
stugray
matte green count?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Krieger
Check out the F 914 link in my signature. I have done the car a matte silver. Most people love it. It is a real attention getter. In the sunshine/ light it looks like sand blasted aluminum. Look through the thread after it was painted. There were some close ups of some details that shows color.
LeftCoastErik
Mine is a wrap in matte chocolate brown
Krieger
In better lighting.
porschetub
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 12 2015, 02:24 AM) *

In better lighting.

Very nice,makes it look fast smile.gif .....it most likely is.
infraredcalvin
I know you said 914, but this 930 looks so good in matte blue met...

Click to view attachment
Harpo
Holey shit that is sweet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.