Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 mounted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
I looked back at my emails to see how long it has been. I bought the 3.2 in 2011 and then went after a roller about a year later.

Lots of parts fabricated, floors and bulkheads welded, old tank, and triple gauge, and a refurbishment of the engine on the outside. But i=of course the big enchilada is getting the motor in the car (and running). So here it is on the way up.

Click to view attachment

A bad photo of the motor in place

Click to view attachment

and an equally poor photo of the hand made aluminum tank in place.
Click to view attachment

So I have that going for me, which is nice.
rgalla9146
Beautiful !
Plenty o' aircraft plumbing and .......a military transmission ?
Krieger
Looks like it is coming nicely!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 11 2015, 10:57 AM) *

Beautiful !

Looks like "olive drab" to me smile.gif
tomrev
Your attention to detail is obvious; great job! So many cars (seen in Ebay, etc),have a super nice exterior, and then the detail photos show random piles of shit, spliced wiring. Cool to see one going together so well thought out!
Cairo94507
A major Milestone for sure. first.gif
worn
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 11 2015, 09:09 AM) *

Beautiful !

Funny that you should mention it, but it does look like Army olive drab, but it is primer from aircraft spruce, and I am here in Superior Wisconsin visiting my son, who was in the Marines. If that doesn't please everyone, well, I tried.
worn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 11 2015, 03:25 PM) *

For me it certainly is exciting. The suspension and brakes and steering are all rebuilt and 911, so getting oil pressure will be very exciting.
Now, can someone tell if there is any way of back washing the oiling system now that it has sat, or do I just cold crank with fresh oil?
porschetub
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 12 2015, 01:45 PM) *

For me it certainly is exciting. The suspension and brakes and steering are all rebuilt and 911, so getting oil pressure will be very exciting.
Now, can someone tell if there is any way of back washing the oiling system now that it has sat, or do I just cold crank with fresh oil?

Nice detailing of motor and box,this same event will be coming up me in the next month or so...can't wait.
Good luck with start-up.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 11 2015, 09:45 PM) *

Disable the ignition.
Remove the spark plugs to reduce resistance, crank in short sequences till it lamp goes out or until you see pressure on the gauge. And listen for anything unusual.
I like the trans color, sorry if my comment seemed negative.
whitetwinturbo
Yank the middle coil wire to stop the firing..............

Semper Fi smile.gif
barefoot
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 11 2015, 09:41 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 11 2015, 09:09 AM) *

Beautiful !

Funny that you should mention it, but it does look like Army olive drab, but it is primer from aircraft spruce, and I am here in Superior Wisconsin visiting my son, who was in the Marines. If that doesn't please everyone, well, I tried.

I've got very similar color primer on my box, it's Zinc Chromate primer for good bonding to aluminum, also comes in yellow. Brand is Moeller. I got mine at West marine.
porschetub
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 12 2015, 02:10 AM) *

I looked back at my emails to see how long it has been. I bought the 3.2 in 2011 and then went after a roller about a year later.

Lots of parts fabricated, floors and bulkheads welded, old tank, and triple gauge, and a refurbishment of the engine on the outside. But i=of course the big enchilada is getting the motor in the car (and running). So here it is on the way up.

Click to view attachment

A bad photo of the motor in place

Click to view attachment

and an equally poor photo of the hand made aluminum tank in place.
Click to view attachment

So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Interesting cooler set-up,nice to see people thinking out of the square,what temp do the fans kick in at?
Reason I ask is I have an option to buy a 3.0 for my conversion and would look @ your setup for sure,cheers.
rick 918-S
Nice Detail Warren! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.