Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's alive!!!.......... again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
Well I've owned a 914 for four months but have never driven it because of the state I bought it in...

Now after reconstructing the dash and rebuilding the motor, it's back in action!

Drive it down to the local Chevron to fill'er-up. So far so good. Needs the carbs balanced, the timing still needs more dialing in and some cheese electrical work needs replacing on the car too.

Bought it as a recovered stolen vehicle, so the engine was trashed, the locks are stripped and the dash electrical had been messed with. But the insurance company put all new suspension under it, ignition switch assembly and a starter before they discovered that the engine was trashed and gave up I think. Fortunately the car has hardly no rust at all and that's what saved it from the wrecking yard I think.

Anyways, just sharing the joy. driving.gif
xsboost90
awsome! i remember you posted it when you bought it. Another four months on jack stands "freshening things up" and youll be there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.