Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Porsche 914-8 Renegade GM v8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
4agedub
Just putting out a feeler to check if there is any interest in this;

Porsche 914-8 Race Car 1969 - Renegade Conversion

This car was imported from Oregon USA to South Africa and was apparently built by Keith Wright Enterprises in California. The engine is a Chev 305ci mated onto the Porsche gearbox by Renegade hybrids from Nevada. The suspension is fairly stock, with added sway bars and stiffeners.

This was a ground up restoration with plenty of once off parts made

Porsche 944 5 stud conversion all round
Heavy duty front mounted adjustable sway bar
Front mounted aluminum radiator with big cooling fan and electric water pump
Stainless steel water pipes
Modified gearbox with 1st gear delete
Lexan windows. Original glass front window also available
New wiring loom

Too many mods to list.

The car has been taken to the track once since completion. Still needs some specialized suspension setup and a fresh set of rear tyres.

The car is currently in South Africa and can be exported at buyers cost.
I'm looking to get around $15,000 USD excluding freight and taxes.

My email address is louis@apc-online.co.za

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
4agedub
Here's a short video of the car running on the track

Youtube video

Andyrew
Very cool conversion!!! Looks like money was spent in the right places! Exporting fee's will be a pain...
4agedub
Thank you

For interest sake I'll get a quote from a local company to export the car to Miami as most vessels from South Africa do dock there.
4agedub
I finally received a reply from the shipping company. Estimated shipping from South Africa to Port Everglades, FL is $6000 USD at the current exchange rate. (Excluding clearing and taxes USA side)

If there is interest in the car we can work out a deal and absorb some of the freight charges by dropping the car's price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.