Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New brake lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shandyhaggis
Hello all

Ive got the stage of my restoration that I have the pleasure of fitting all new shiny brake lines.

Ive got some pre-made ones from MittleMotor in Germany and Im just going through the process of figuring out which pipe is used where. Ive got the 914 PET which is useful to locate roughly where pipes run but it doesnt show pipe lengths which would have been useful.

Does any one have any pointers on generally fitting new pipes? I cant find any pictures showing how the lines run. Its a long time since I pulled the old ones out and I didnt take any snaps:-(

thanks if you can help!

Andrew

914Sixer
Might try some of the different shop manuals. The PET is the best source I would go to.
Eric_Shea
Just dig in. In a few minutes, reasonable deduction and the process of elimination will have you sussed.

Long one = center tunnel
Two Shepards hooks = rear caliper hardlines
Little L = Pressure regulator to center tunnel
Medium sized line with a crescent = Front right
etc...
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 12 2015, 05:36 PM) *

Might try some of the different shop manuals. The PET is the best source I would go to.

thanks Ive a pdf of the workshop manuals but it doesnt cover it off. Im sure can work it out, Ive the old brake lines to compare against somewhere though they are crumpled in a box. Most things Ive done Ive figured out I was just trying to be extra careful with the pipes as I didnt want to mess it up.

thanks

Andrew
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 12 2015, 06:00 PM) *

Just dig in. In a few minutes, reasonable deduction and the process of elimination will have you sussed.

Long one = center tunnel
Two Shepards hooks = rear caliper hardlines
Little L = Pressure regulator to center tunnel
Medium sized line with a crescent = Front right
etc...

thanks for that. Ive my old pipes I can compare against if I gently unfold them from the ball I made of them when I ripped them off the car (note to self for next time). The new pipes arnt shaped so Ill have to check the lengths aginst he old ones to make sure Ive got the right one. If I mess up I can always by a length or 2 with an couple of tools and make some new ones up.

thanks

Andrew
mepstein
Like Eric said, it really shouldn't be to hard to see what goes where. There aren't that many lines and they only fit one way. If you run into problems, take pics and post here.
falcor75
Click to view attachment

Here's the basics.... the small short ones goes between caliper and hose on the fronts I think.
shandyhaggis
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Aug 13 2015, 03:28 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Here's the basics.... the small short ones goes between caliper and hose on the fronts I think.

thanks thats perfect. Shows me where the rubbers go as well. Ill start unravelling and shout if I get any hicups

Cheers

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.