Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making bank with the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I just learned that a professional colleague of mine has an interesting side business on the east coast. He collects and restores old classics, then rents them out for modeling sessions, wedding photography and films. The expenses offset the income. He has over 20 cars in the stable and more planned and the Boss supports the activity. :thinking:

http://www.camelotclassiccars.com/

Any of us doing that here on the west coast or anywhere with our P-cars? Seems like there could be a market for this service.

We could use the 914Limo for this...
billh1963
Nice idea....you need to be near a large urban area to really get the volume; though.
rgalla9146
You might be surprised at how many businesses there are that cater to the movie business, advertising, weddings, funerals, etc,etc.
For many of them the car just has to plop there.......doesn't even have to run !
You wouldn't want them using your pride and joy.
oldschool
Yup we call them Picture cars piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Beebo Kanelle
I did that once... never again.

They trashed my car (Corvette, '75 w/LS7) and when they wanted to drive it into the Gulf, I said no... and pulled the car from the movie (Terms of Endearment).
patssle
I do professional freelance video production. I do NOT do weddings despite it be a decent opportunity and profitable. Like hell would I ever rent my car out to those people! Most are fine but its the public....you'll get nightmares too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.