Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks on a 914.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
How to soften them up for the street? I have the shocks on stock 914 springs also.
Mike Bellis
You can send them to Bilstein in SoCal and have them re-valved. No other options I know of.

Or you can buy Koni's and adjust on the fly.
thelogo
QUOTE(tach @ Aug 13 2015, 05:14 PM) *

How to soften them up for the street? I have the shocks on stock 914 springs also.

Just break em in for a couple of decades I'm sure they will soften right up beer3.gif beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I went with the sport model for my car. I won't know how they feel for several more months when I actually get to drive it.
porschetub
QUOTE(tach @ Aug 14 2015, 12:14 PM) *

You would obviously have the spring perch on the lowest compression setting?
Billys are known to have a firm ride as opposed to others what ever they are fitted on but it sounds like yours are firm,are you following the bumps or just bouncing over them?

Have included pic of mine to show how adjustment sets in the notches on the shock body,presume yours are the same,cheers

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
What size (#) rear springs do you have. They make a difference!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 14 2015, 01:09 AM) *

Billys are known to have a firm ride as opposed to others what ever they are fitted on but it sounds like yours are firm,are you following the bumps or just bouncing over them?

Have included pic of mine to show how adjustment sets in the notches on the shock body,presume yours are the same,cheers

Click to view attachment

There is no lowest spring compression setting. The groves set ride height only. If you notice a difference in stiffness it's due to suspension dynamics changing because you are moving the weight bias to the front or rear by changing rear elevation.
6freak
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 14 2015, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 14 2015, 01:09 AM) *

Click to view attachment

There is no lowest spring compression setting. The groves set ride height only. If you notice a difference in stiffness it's due to suspension dynamics changing because you are moving the weight bias to the front or rear by changing rear elevation.

the car rides on the springs the shocks control the springs ..your springs are to stiff ..then again probably just seems that way becaus ethe old shocks were shot ..like new shoes there a
little snug at first..

tach
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 14 2015, 08:24 PM) *

What size (#) rear springs do you have. They make a difference!

Stock 914 springs as described.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.