Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - My Type-3 got featured on HMA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
A couple weeks ago Josh and I took Friday off and headed down to Turn 10 Studios in Redmond, WA, to tour their facilities. These are the guys that make the Forza racing games for X-Box. We were there to meet with John S. who is the editor of their Heavy Metal Affliction column. After seeing their facility and talking about all the mods to the car, we headed to Marymore Park so John could take some photos of the car. It was a really fun experience and John was really great to work with. He is a TOTAL car guy who lives and breathes cars. Plus he's a VW guy who currently owns both a Beetle and a Porsche 911. He also recently sold his type-3 Squareback.

Anyway, here's the article he just finished about the Squarsche. I think he absolutely nailed the spirit of the build with my car. We are grateful and completely humbled by the whole experience. . .

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/hma_8_13_15
r_towle
Very very cool
Tom_T
agree.gif ... so cool!

So now you're a true "Salty Dawg"!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JRust
Great article Nate! Wish you were able to make it this weekend with it. Love to see it up close. Hope all goes well with your dad. Enjoy your weekend with him. Catch you next time smile.gif
messix
awesome recognition
KELTY360
That's some nice recognition Nate...very well deserved. Too bad you couldn't take the Squarsche out on the velodrome during the photoshoot. That would have been a hoot!
mgp4591
That was a great weekend and good to meet you, your son and see the car. Great article and recognition- see you in 2016! smilie_pokal.gif
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif well deserved!
infraredcalvin
Neat car, great story! Would be cool if they put that car in the game!
Andyrew
Awesome! Many angles of the car I had not seen yet! Great project!
rhodyguy
where did the throttle bodies go?
bradtho
Actually saw it on the forza site first and came here to make sure you got credit, Nate. It was fun to see a car there that I actually knew!
EdwardBlume
I dig the Squareback aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.