Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot minor annoyance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
solved the bho issue. now i have a new one. when i place the cursor on a provided link, ie: karls ellise site, and click on it, the link will not open. the link goes red when the cursor is on it, click, no open when the cursor is moved off the link goes back to black. this also happens when i recieve an email notice in my in my in box that is a pm. clicking on it will not route me to the window to open the pm. the pm is available on in the "new message" on the site. any thoughts?

k
SirAndy
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 1 2005, 10:34 AM)
any thoughts?

yes. you have pop-up windows blocked ...

any "off-site" link on this board will open in a new window. same goes for PMs (if that is your PM default setting) ...

you need to "unblock" this site. usually when that happens, you'll see a small message on top of your browser window that tells you that a popup was detected and you click on that message for options ...

wink.gif Andy
seanery
you can do what Andy said, or you can CTRL+Click or right click then "open" but I just unblocked this site.
rhodyguy
windows 2000. ms beta1 was loaded last week. it sure knocked down some problems. spoke with the tech that helped me last week, this am. he said to bring the machine in and he'd "rebuild it". seems kind of drastic. you added while i was pecking away andy. would you happen to have a "picture" of where that "small message on top of your browser window" is? literally where would i see it?

k
seanery
like this, but I believe its XP SP2 only.
rhodyguy
you guys are fast. please send me a pm and i'll let you know what happens.

k
Qarl
Seanery... I so enjoy your avatar hilighting your dogs Yutz!

unsure.gif
rhodyguy
below the bar is completely different. there is no popup block notice. you're fast too sean!!!

k
bd1308
you know FIREFOX has a built in pop-up blocker....are you using firefox? huh.gif
skline
I get the same thing in my window and I am not running SP2. So its not specific to SP2.
rhodyguy
i have no idea britt, but i now get zero popups. last week it was flowers, sexual enhancers, mortage rates,.... fyi, computers intimidate me in a big way. i come from a time of rotary phones, leaded gas, and cash registers that had buttons you pushed and handles to add the ammount to the total.

k
bd1308
and i want to go back to the times of cars with points and widely available 2.0 3-stud heads and VW buses runnign around and malt shakes at the local placetohangout place...i suppose you and me are in the same boat. I love computers, but they are stupid and I could without them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.