Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Sachs/Boge stock rear shock replacement.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
Looking to purchase some Sachs/Boge stock rear shocks for my 914. I noticed that they do not have the spring perch base attached as my existing shocks have, but I did see on the Sachs/Boge shock there is a outward notch type stop for a lower a spring support. My question is, where do I get a lower spring supports for Sachs shocks or do they come with them.

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
You must purchase separately (at least I had the same issue and had to). Put a WTB on the classifieds, and the World will answer.
mepstein
I pulled mine off my old Sachs shocks. Hit up bruce stone - bdstone if you need a set.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 14 2015, 06:28 PM) *

I pulled mine off my old Sachs shocks. Hit up bruce stone - bdstone if you need a set.

agree.gif Bruce sold me mine. Here's the old thread of my WTB that may be at least slightly useful:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=250632&hl=
Shadowfax
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 14 2015, 05:28 PM) *

Me too. Had to clean the grime and muck off the old shock but then it slipped right off.

914Sixer
They never have come with bottom plate. You must use your old one. Make sure you get the orientation correct so the bottom drain hole is to the inside. Look at the PET to make sure you have all the washers and rubber in the right location.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 14 2015, 09:20 PM) *

They never have come with bottom plate. You must use your old one.

I assume his old ones are KYB's, like mine were, and they don't have a separate perch. It's an integrated piece so you need to pick them up separately when you change shocks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.