Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you increase performance of the EG33,SVX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
I will be doing the EG33 flat 6 upgrade to 1 of my 914's,..are there any engine mods that can be done with those engine's,... or are they pretty much 230-240 HP,..I would like alittle more torque from it if possible,..of course I have never driven one with power,..maybe I should leave well enough alone,..which is plan B,........Thanks Frank
Chris H.
Yes...here's a good place to start:

subaru-svx mods page

914SVX power is definitely adequate in stock form if you're used to a standard 4 cylinder 914 but you could do the stage 2 ECUTune with larger 375cc injectors and Nissan MAF and add 50-75 hp pretty easily. We were just chatting about this in 914forme's thread.
DBCooper
That's about how much power I have. I wouldn't worry about more right now, get the rest of it done and THEN think about more power. You can go back for more later, but it's not a heavy car and i suspect that you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much fun you'll have with that 240hp.

Chris H.
agree.gif Good advice. The power difference is shocking at first. You ask yourself if you did the right thing by turning the car into a rocket... Did I ruin the "feel"? Is it still a 914? Oh noooo....and then...you want more power. But start with stock and go up from there.
mgp4591
Chris hit the nail on the head- even Subaru admits that the intake and exhaust on a stock SVX is very restrictive. Once you let the engine breath in and out, simple bolt on mods really open up a very efficient air pump without sacrificing dependability or driveability at all. These engines are very robust and should last a long time, well past 200k if treated right. And I'm not talking about driving like grandma- punch it and hang on! aktion035.gif
flmont
Yes,iam sure i would be happy at 240,but iam sure those are at the crank numbers ,so if i i build to say 300-325 that is close to the 275 range of RWHP,I only awant to build it once and then drive till they take my license away,.lol...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.