Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any thoughts on this one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jbossolo
Hi guys, newbie to 914's. My other P-cars are an 87' 930 and an 02' 996TT.
Always been a fan of the 914, as a kid had a neighbour that owned one, got hooked.

That being said, AutoAtlanta has a 73' for sale:
http://www.autoatlanta.com/carsales/porsch...ng.php?id=48111

Is it worth a closer inspection? I went once to their shop years ago, seemed legit. Do they have a good rep in the community?
Is this a good car, or should I try and find something more "restored"?
My goal is as a keeper, Sunday driver.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.
mepstein
popcorn[1].gif
poorsche914
Fixed the link for you.

driving.gif
rhodyguy
Some corrosion repair, a paint job and it'll be swell. Maybe...appearently ancient 165x15 tire relacement was not part of the thorough service. $2k more buys a sorted car in the classifieds here. Plan on spending well north of $20k after all of the dust settles. Better go look at the car before you commit to anything. The pictures seem to be carefully orcastrated. The missing branch elbow to the heat control valve is telling to me. For over $13k I would want to see the rocker covers off and the forward engine compartment firewall to pan area. dry.gif
RickS
Ask them first to send you pics of the hell hole and the shots of the longs under the rocker panels. Seems like a solid platform from the pics. I would get a PPI done too.
Krieger
Exercise extreme caution when dealing with AA. I'd look elsewhere.
Spoke
agree.gif

welcome.png

Not worth what they are asking. Keep looking.

Buy your 914 from this site or from Pelican.
theleschyouknow
I am a pretty new 914 owner & having never dealt with AA I don't have a dog in the hunt but do a search for them on here before getting too far down the road with them

there's a handful of other Texans on here, glad to have another.
what part are you from ?
welcome.png
oh and check out the classifieds here -for a few dollars more I'd be seriously interested in that Delphi green 5-lug 2056
beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
This repair looks suspect. This area is not typically the first place to rust. This pic of the drivers side jack point would make me wonder about the passenger side and hell hole.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Buyer beware is always the rule regardless of the seller. Do your homework and go see the car. I agree re the typical rust spots - why did AA not show them? They know these cars inside and out. Those would be the must post pictures if you knew about these cars. They do, so the fact they did not post them is a red flag. Aside from that, the pictures are all pretty lousy - poor quality photos so it is hard to see detail.

bandjoey
Picture 20 sure looks like some long damage and rust.
rhodyguy
"...ready for the fly in drive home routine." Then you're on your own? Better sign up with AAA. Buy a round trip ticket and spring for flight insurance so you can cancel the return flight. Keep looking....
Chris H.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2015, 10:01 AM) *

Some corrosion repair, a paint job and it'll be swell. Maybe...appearently ancient 165x15 tire relacement was not part of the thorough service. $2k more buys a sorted car in the classifieds here. Plan on spending well north of $20k after all of the dust settles. Better go look at the car before you commit to anything. The pictures seem to be carefully orcastrated. The missing branch elbow to the heat control valve is telling to me. For over $13k I would want to see the rocker covers off and the forward engine compartment firewall to pan area. dry.gif

"Fly in drive home..." Riiiight.....if those tires held up the entire way it would be like driving an old Big Wheel.
somd914
Did someone mention buying a car from AA?

Click to view attachment
jbossolo
Got it. I'll keep looking. Thanks!
Oh, I'm in Brownsville TX. Also commonly known as the "asshole of Texas". That, or "North Mexico". beerchug.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(somd914 @ Aug 16 2015, 08:36 AM) *

Did someone mention buying a car from AA?

Click to view attachment

av-943.gif av-943.gif ,agreed the car is poorly advertised in the pics thats because it looks tired anyway,better pics would have bought that out more.
You would think with the huge stock of "the best in the world'' parts he could have fitted a set of foglight grills and groomed the car.
For this price the OP could buy a better sorted car elsewhere.
Perry Kiehl Clone
I have personal experience purchasing a car from them, and could not recommend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.