Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Pr. Early Fog Lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PCA7GGR
Nice restored pair of early ('70 - '74) fog lights - refinished housings/rings, clear reflectors, working bulbs and very nice TN4 lenses.

$175 shipped CONUS via insured FedEx ground w/ payment via PayPal - thanks.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
914nola
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 15 2015, 10:30 AM) *

Nice restored pair of early ('70 - '74) fog lights - refinished housings/rings, clear reflectors, working bulbs and very nice TN4 lenses.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Throw in an early fog light switch and I will take them.
PCA7GGR
Sorry but I don't have a light switch to throw it. And if I did, I wouldn't "throw" it in - ;>)
rhodyguy
Those look great Sergio!
PCA7GGR
Thanks for the Kudos and "raw" materials.
rhodyguy
Did you give the jeweler's rouge a try?
PCA7GGR
Yes I did. It took a while but it did take out some of the very minor flaws.

Thanks for the suggestion.
edrotol
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 15 2015, 11:30 AM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

pm sent
euro911
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 15 2015, 11:44 AM) *
Sorry but I don't have a light switch to throw it. And if I did, I wouldn't "throw" it in - ;>)
This is a very good price for a set of restored fog lights.
PCA7GGR
Sold - thanks
Tom_T
A suggestion for your future parts & components resto projects....

The one thing that I would say about restoring these from my "judge's eye" is - if you're going to all the time & trouble to clean, polish, repaint/PC, etc. a set of these already - to then also clean Up & send out for replating of the mounting hardware as well.

Folks like Eric Shea at PMB & Bruce Stone (bdstone) can take parts in smaller batches from members & add them to their larger plating orders in either silver zinc or yellow/gold cad (as appropriate for the OE finish of each) for a reasonable price, along with their other stuff - unless you have a local plater to do small batches.

Although when mounted behind the fog grills they won't be seen much, & local Region & Zone PCA Concours probably won't ding for them as shown - they could be the make or break 1/10th point at the national PCA Parade (& at some other non-PCA local/regional/national shows) which keeps someone out of top honors.

Great Looking Restos! beerchug.gif
Tom
////////
PCA7GGR
Tom,

Thanks for the suggestions.

If I was attempting to restore lights for judging, I would indeed get the parts re-plated and use new lenses. But that would increase the cost of making them and, as such, increase the cost that I would sell them for.

My goal is to restore the fog lights to a "driver" quality for 914er that plan to install the lights on the "driver" cars. The lights that I can get my hands on are not "show" quality - otherwise the seller would have most probably kept and used them.

I'm 64 and restore these lights as a hobby that helps pay for my bad habits - ;>)
914nola
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 15 2015, 10:44 AM) *

It's a great price without the switch. I wanted them either way. Next set you get let me know.
euro911
P.S. Mark (914rubber.com) makes repro seal kits for these, IIRC, $15. for the pair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.