Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have any idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Does anyone know what size tires are on this car? They look sweet!! lots of work but might be worth it
Mike Bellis
My guess...

375/35/18

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/project/...-blown-monster/

Click to view attachment
porschetub
Seem to remember Patrick Motorsport did this car ,details are on the customer car/previous build section of their site.
Is this the most radical 914 build ever?
Stacks914
Yeah it is a crazy build. I emailed Patrick motor sports about this and they said they could not remember the tire size. My fender wells will be modified On my 72 and am really wanting a 18/19 inch setup and am just looking at tire sizes. I have seen some with 17 and that looks pretty big. But I am hoping to get an idea as to what I am looking for in case it comes across used...cheap. And yes I have been using a tire size calculator as I have a booster s transmission which has factory 26" tires and am hoping to get a little taller in rear to help with the ratios. Thoughts. Opinions?
Cairo94507
When I visited PMS they were building that car. I have no idea what tires were on it. But it was a cool car.
MrKona
Excellence had an article about this car in issue #181, April 2010. At the time they reported the tires were Michelin Pilot Sports. 275/40ZR17 up front and 335/40ZR17 in back.
Andyrew
I've got 285's in the back, 335's is quite substantial...

You need quite a lot of power to make those worth it... Luckily that green monster has that smile.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 15 2015, 10:57 PM) *

I've got 285's in the back, 335's is quite substantial...

You need quite a lot of power to make those worth it... Luckily that green monster has that smile.gif

WIth a blown 427 small block I think it's got it more than handled! I'd love to take a ride in that with someone VERY capable at the wheel- too much for lesser talents like mine.... driving.gif
Stacks914
oh sweet Mrkona thank you!! and yes big tires like that will require lots of power stirthepot.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.