Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipers now working....but
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Wipers and electric washer working but wiping action is slow,my plan is to check voltage to motor and other wiring checks to start with.
Linkages all seem to be free moving and very smooth,I'am thinking maybe the motors gunked up ?,is this common with these cars?,I have cleaned other wiper motors to good result.
Suggestions please,thanks.
914Sixer
You are right on the money. Take motor off and check rack movement. Most have 40 yr old white gum grease. Be EXTRA careful with little C-clip at the top of the stem.
HalfMoon
Try using emory cloth on fuse 8 and it's holders. You'd be suprised.
porschetub
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 16 2015, 01:31 PM) *

You are right on the money. Take motor off and check rack movement. Most have 40 yr old white gum grease. Be EXTRA careful with little C-clip at the top of the stem.

Cheers 914sixer ,have close to full voltage there ,losing around 1 volt @ the motor so that not an issue I don't think?
Thanks also halfmoon,checked that and replaced fuse any way ,had around 12v there.
Found the outer gland nuts on the wiper cowl loose from when it was painted I guess,that made some differance.
Took off RH side wiper arm off and ran it faster,really good enough to think thats all it has on the second speed.
So wiper drive out? any clever tips on removal ?,first time for me,thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.