Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back from paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I got my 912 back from the paint shop last week. It was manufactured in 1965 at the Karmann factory and has the European style exhaust, the car was originally delivered to a Swedish customer in 1966. I have been renovating it for the last 3 years, I bought it just at the right time before the prices went through the roof. It was a real rust bucket but now its rust free, the bodywork was done by an old school panel beater to a high standard. It looks great, hopefully it will be ready to drive next summer.

Makes the 914 look kind of shabby

Before
IPB Image

After
IPB Image
mikedsilva
nice... very very nice!
Harpo
Yea a 912 is on my short list. They have gotten so dam expensive
Cairo94507
What the heck kind of teaser photo is that? Come on we are all dyin' to see real pictures showing that beautiful paint job.
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 16 2015, 05:38 AM) *

What the heck kind of teaser photo is that? Come on we are all dyin' to see real pictures showing that beautiful paint job.

As you wish
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mueller
WOW....nice!
Krieger
That is really nice! Definitely a lot a time and $ in that.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 16 2015, 03:05 AM) *

Yea a 912 is on my short list. They have gotten so dam expensive

I had a 66 28 years ago, loved it, but it ate my lunch financially. Try a 76E. They are still affordable and are fuel injected. Metal is better and you can by a very nice example for much less than a project.
Best of all it has a 914 motor, kind of.
And with a short production run 2106, it will be collectable at some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.