Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A two-toned experiment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I recently had some body work done (rust/dent/hole fill) which left the vehicle looking less than ideal. A paint job is inevitable for this winter or next summer but I still want to drive it before then.

So here's a two toned temporary experiment! Neither colors are paint.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cali914
interesting combination is that body wrap? Would the doors be silver and sides? What about the top.
Rand
This is a personal thing and you have to run with what you like.
But a third party honest opinion.... No.
There are cool ways to do multi-tone paint jobs, but when it looks like you replaced a fender from another car it just looks like it was a wreck that hasn't been repainted yet.
I don't mean to sound harsh, just being brutally honest.

If there was artistic line that wasn't based on body parts, but rather flowed across the car more, across panels... Then maybe those colors could work better together.

r_towle
You sir have been randified.
Also

agree.gif
Andyrew
The 80s are calling, they want their drugs back smile.gif

I think its a good temp solution, but I cant think of painting a car like that.
Cuda911
I vote "no" too. Never liked the two tone look for the vast majority of cars... as stated above, looks like you sourced a hood from somewhere, then couldn't afford to paint the rest.

Silver/red can work on some cars, though. 'Specially if you get her to stand in front of it.

EdwardBlume
The Partridgee Family called...

No, just kidding. What matters is what you like...
xperu
QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 16 2015, 12:43 PM) *

I recently had some body work done (rust/dent/hole fill) which left the vehicle looking less than ideal. A paint job is inevitable for this winter or next summer but I still want to drive it before then.

So here's a two toned temporary experiment! Neither colors are paint.

Hi, I am in the Houston area "League City" I am having some body repair work done to my car; quarter panels cut etc. I will need paint, do you know a paint shop in the area that decent job for a decent price? Mine is a daily driver, not a show piece.
patssle
QUOTE(cali914 @ Aug 16 2015, 08:11 PM) *

interesting combination is that body wrap? Would the doors be silver and sides? What about the top.

The red/orange is wrap. The silver is plasti dip. I was hoping to wrap the entire car but my wrapping skills on the fenders was not up to par.

QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 17 2015, 03:44 AM) *

No, just kidding. What matters is what you like...

Even I'll admit I don't overly love it - but it's just temp until I get it painted. It's certainly better than showing the bodywork!

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 16 2015, 09:20 PM) *

I think its a good temp solution, but I cant think of painting a car like that.

Definitely. The car will be painted one color.

patssle
QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 17 2015, 06:56 AM) *

Hi, I am in the Houston area "League City" I am having some body repair work done to my car; quarter panels cut etc. I will need paint, do you know a paint shop in the area that decent job for a decent price? Mine is a daily driver, not a show piece.

I'll PM you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.