Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo in KM ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
Has anybody ran across a speedo for a 71-73 914 that is in KM and not MPH or what options do I have .. Let me Know ... Thanks
Tom_T
QUOTE(Beakster @ Aug 16 2015, 10:56 AM) *

Has anybody ran across a speedo for a 71-73 914 that is in KM and not MPH or what options do I have .. Let me Know ... Thanks

Not clear whether you're looking for one in KPH or to convert KPH to MPH or ???

They are out there in both flavors to buy whichever type you're looking for - evilbay, TheSamba.com , here & 914club are all great sources for MPH & some KPH, & German/Euro evilbay for KPH.

Also you could have Palo Alto Speedo or North Hollywood Speedo convert & recalibrate & restore one to the other, but I'd suggest just finding the one you want & save the one that came in your 914 if you'd ever need to put it back to original.

PAS & NHS can also repair, restore, etc. any which you'd buy if/as needed.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike Bellis
I have one that reads 250kph. Missing the glass; glass used for another speedo.
Beakster
A Big THANKS to Mike for finding me a KM speedo .. smilie_pokal.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Beakster @ Aug 21 2015, 11:59 AM) *

My pleasure. It has been sitting in a cabinet for a while. With any luck it will be there in a week or so.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 22 2015, 01:07 PM) *

My pleasure. It has been sitting in a cabinet for a while. With any luck it will be there in a week or so.

wow they are around!!!!!!,saw one on ebay UK a while back for 300 euro and it sold.
I believe to do an mph > km one would be expensive,regearing drive, gauge face + labour,it all mounts up.
Anyone done it?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 21 2015, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 22 2015, 01:07 PM) *

wow they are around!!!!!!,saw one on ebay UK a while back for 300 euro and it sold.
I believe to do an mph > km one would be expensive,regearing drive, gauge face + labour,it all mounts up.
Anyone done it?

Sadly for this one, I needed the glass to repair a MPH speedo. The KPH unit was in a box of parts I had around. Frank will need to carefully pry his MPH apart and replace the glass. Other than that it looked to be in great shape and was kept in a closed cabinet, so not too much dust got to it. I let it go cheap knowing he would put in sweat equity before he could use it. I'm sure it's going to a good home. smile.gif

Stupid metric system... dry.gif What a bunch of arrogant fuchs we Amerikans are thinking our antiquated system is better... biggrin.gif

I remember in elementary school they taught us: Here this is the metric system, things are divided by 100. Now who can tell us how many inches are in a foot?
lonewolfe
Sierra Madre Collection sales a 911 speedo face that's in KM. should fit our cases too! Why would you Ned to recalibrate? The mechanicals are the same. Just need a different gauge face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.