Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats a Transition kit ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
I was told the car (914) had a Transition kit put on .. I have never heard of a thing can someone tell me what the is and it's purpose .. OR maybe I miss understood him .. Thanks .. bye1.gif
Harpo
Transmission kit?
Beakster
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 16 2015, 02:52 PM) *

Transmission kit?

No.. He said it was a bar that across from side to side that stiffens up the frame ..
Is there such a thing maybe it's called something different.. Who Knows ! confused24.gif
vw505
Picture?
injunmort
sounds like a "monte carlo" bar or otherwise known as a strut brace. a stiffening bar from shock tower to shock tower.
brant
I'm. Guessing the seller learned English as a second+ language?

I'll Bet it is a translation for "sway bar"
GeorgeRud
Sounds like either sway bars or a rear strut brace. Can't think of anything else that might be named that.
PanelBilly
Sounds like a Bruce Jenner feature
Dave_Darling
Strut braces are redundant in the 914, unless you've done some cutting. Notice the bulkhead that goes in front of the gas tank? That's more effective than any strut tower brace.

The rear almost as good, though the sometimes indifferent welds between the rear shock towers and the rear bulkhead mean that some reinforcement can help. At times, at least. (Though properly welding them can help even more.)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.