Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need a flywheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
I need a flywheel for a "spare 2.0L" that we are currently cleaning up. Was looking on evilbay and saw a new one for $188 from a company called Quality Speciality Components or QSC. Their web site shows they are in Ontario Ca. Has anyone here dealt with them and know the quality of their parts? Really don't want to spend $400 now on a spare.

Dan
bdstone914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Aug 16 2015, 01:37 PM) *

I need a flywheel for a "spare 2.0L" that we are currently cleaning up. Was looking on evilbay and saw a new one for $188 from a company called Quality Speciality Components or QSC. Their web site shows they are in Ontario Ca. Has anyone here dealt with them and know the quality of their parts? Really don't want to spend $400 now on a spare.

Dan

I have not seen one of their flywheels but their knock off nickie cylinders have a bad rep. They are cheap Chinese knock off parts and probably have little to no engineering in them.
I saw them at the SEMA show a few years ago. I asked the barely engish representitave what the fin count on the cylinders was and the roundness spec was? He replied " Yes we have fin !" Clueless.

I think AA (not Auto Atlanta) has decent flywheels.
brant
I'm sure I have a core at least. Might need surfaced and be one more step. Just-incase
shelby/914
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 16 2015, 05:28 PM) *

I'm sure I have a core at least. Might need surfaced and be one more step. Just-incase

Thanks Brant, Ill be in touch. Need to take a drive up North one of these days. Will have a friend with a machine shop take a close look at mine but don't think it's got any meat left for a resurface.

Dan
914Sixer
Lots of places have GERMAN ones in the $350 range. Autohausaz.com $363 with free shipping.
cary
Here's another choice if you can't find a used one.

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/pvw/404-...el/914+Flywheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.