Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 questions - my v8 car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
why does the RED light above the tach blink when engine is running?

is a tiny amount of fuel in my filter a problem? my filter before my pump has plenty of gas in it.

thanks
jim
matthepcat
I'm pretty sure that means you need to hit the reset button on your master cylinder....or you have a brake fluid pressure drop?

Nice camera skills there smile.gif
Krieger
The button under the e-brake handle might not be making contact with handle. Is your ebrake on?
michael7810
As for the filter, I have two on my car (1 before each weber) and most of the time they look like yours. I've been driving it for 5 years (changed filters once) and not had a problem. I just can't figure out why they are not full though.
jimkelly
tomorrow I plan to put the ebrake in, along with its cables. but the button it would contact with has long since been removed.

as for the regular brakes, I still have to get the peddle much firmer but need to drive it a little to bounce the air in the lines around some, so I can bleed those bastards out, so pressure may be a little low?

thanks guys.
jimkelly
bled the brakes a little more and have a nice peddle for the first time ever. pressed the button on the MC and the light no longer is on or blinks : )

another blurry pic for you guys : )
ThePaintedMan
Yup, that was what I was going to suggest - a good bleed and press the button. Those VW engineers knew what they were doing.

Same thing with the fuel filter. I believe most of the fuel is wicked through the element so even if it's not full, it's still getting fuel. If you drive it long enough, then check it, sometimes it will fill up. Better yet, get rid of it. Those plastic and/or glass filters can be bad news - they get brittle with heat and... blowup.gif
jimkelly
I got these for when I am sure my lines and all are clean. which is about now.
ThePaintedMan
thumb3d.gif Good call. I did the same thing with mine - had a clear one in there to verify I was getting fuel, and good fuel, then once it was hunky dory, went to a metal inline filter. Sounds like you're getting that car figured out Jim, congrats!
zambezi
Just as a clarification on the master cylinder switch. While it is known as a pressure switch it does not monitor the amount of pressure in the system. What it does is monitor for a pressure differential between the front and rear circuits. The pressure should be the same on both circuits when the brakes are applied. If it sees a difference in pressures (via a leak or other problem) the switch activates and flashes the dash light.
Jim
jimkelly
that is awesome to know! thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.